Resume database access
Job and candidate market trends
Social media promotion
AlabamaWorks! gives employers a highly targeted approach to hiring state-wide talent in various industries, including logistics, sales, engineering, healthcare, and more. Unlike its competitors, AlabamaWorks! offers free job postings, making it a budget-friendly option.
The platform features several hiring services not typically offered by many job boards, such as labor market statistics, local job seeker trends, and a mobile app. However, the site does not offer employers an extended reach, lacking social media promotion and job distribution tools.
- The job board caters exclusively to Alabama-based companies and candidates, making it a good option for local hiring.
- The platform offers a free job posting service.
- Employers can search the site's extensive resume database for suitable candidates.
- There is a mobile app for on-the-go recruitment.
- Employers can manage their listings and candidate searches from a centralized user dashboard.
- Companies gain access to comprehensive market labor and job seeker statistics and trends.
- The website is available in English and Spanish, aiding bilingual hiring efforts.
- AlabamaWorks! does not share listings to its social media pages.
- The platform lacks applicant tracking and candidate matching tools.
- Vacancies aren't distributed to other job boards.
We were unable to find any online reviews of AlabamaWorks!
AlabamaWorks! offers a free job posting service.
How to Post a Job on AlabamaWorks:
Three easy steps for posting a job on AlabamaWorks!
Posting a job on AlabamaWorks!
Go to the AlabamaWorks! home page.
From the home page, scroll down and click on "Employer & Business Services."
Register as an employer.
Click on the orange button that reads "POST TODAY!" and click "OK" in the pop-up window. Scroll down to the heading "Option 3 - Create a User Account" and select "Employer Registration."
Read through the employer agreement and click on "I Agree" to proceed.
Fill out the online registration form and click on "Continue."
Create and post your listing.
Once your account has been approved, you'll be able to create and post your vacancy from your dashboard.
AlabamaWorks! vs. AlabamaJobNetwork.com:
Of the two, AlabamaJobNetwork.com is the costlier option and unlike AlabamaWorks!, does not offer a free job posting plan. Both sites feature resume searches, and AlabamaWorks! is a good option for accessing local labor market trends, but AlabamaJobNetwork.com offers companies a greater reach via social media promotion.
AlabamaWorks! vs. AL.com Jobs:
While AlabamaWorks! is a state-wide job board, AL.com Jobs caters to employers and job seekers in the Birmingham area. AlabamaWorks! is the budget-friendly option, but for AL.com Jobs' higher price tag, employers gain access to hiring tools not offered by the former, such as job distribution and social media promotion.
AlabamaWorks! vs. Indeed:
Indeed is a popular general job board that has an extensive local reach. In comparison, AlabamaWorks! primarily advertises state-based roles, making it the better option for targeted hiring. Both sites have a free job posting option, but only Indeed features job post screening questions and candidate messaging tools.
Geographic Solutions, Inc.
Jan 01, 1996