Writers Work allows employers to post jobs for free.
Writers Work is a niche platform that offers freelance writers a host of resources to grow their writing portfolios and experience, while employers have access to a database of writing talent. However, the site is fairly simple and does not offer any advanced hiring tools, such as applicant tracking, social media promotion, or job syndication.
- Employers can post their vacancies free of charge.
- The platform features a diverse range of writing talent at various career levels.
- Writers Work features a document editor that performs grammar, style, and readability checks to improve freelancers' writing.
- Job listings can be featured to boost visibility.
- Employers can read through writers' profiles and view their portfolios.
- The job posting process is quick and easy.
- Writers are required to pay a monthly or yearly subscription to use the site, which may deter freelancers from joining.
- The platform lacks key hiring features, such as an employer dashboard, candidate matching, and job distribution.
- The pricing to feature a job listing is not readily displayed online.
Writers Work has a 2.3-star rating on TrustPilot based on over 25 reviews, most of which are from freelance writers who had registered on the platform. The majority of reviews claim that customer support is unresponsive, that the site is glitchy, and that vacancies are syndicated from other job boards where services are free.
Writers Work vs. Upwork:
Upwork is a leading freelance marketplace with a presence in over 180 countries and allows employers to find talent in various fields. Upwork has free and paid plans starting at $49.00 per month, while Writers Work has a free plan and allows for sponsored posts. Comparatively, Upwork has a wider variety of recruitment features than Writers Work.
Writers Work vs. ProBlogger.com:
Problogger.com is a freelance writing marketplace and charges $80.00 per job post in contrast to Writers Work's free plan. In terms of features, ProBlogger offers a wider variety of recruitment tools, such as an employer dashboard, applicant management, and bulk posting packages, all features that Writers Work lacks.
Writers Work vs. FlexJobs:
FlexJobs is a remote job board that advertises a wide range of remote roles in the U.S. and abroad. FlexJobs offers several job posting plans starting at $399.00 per month, whereas Writers Work offers free posting. While costly, FlexJobs provides a resume database, employer profiles, and job post analytics to optimize the hiring process.