5 CV Credits
Editorial Job: Planning Resource Homepage
Daily Bulleting Job: Planning Resource
Planning Jobs is a niche job board that advertises a wide range of vacancies in the U.K.’s town planning sector. The platform is powered by Planning Resource, a site that provides planning professionals with industry-related news, publications, policies, forums, networking events, and career resources.
Although Planning Jobs is more expensive than competitor job boards, such as The Planner Jobs and PlanningJobs.com, they offer a complete package of recruitment services, including promoted listings, employer branding tools, and social media visibility, among others.
- Planning Jobs receives over 11,000 unique visits and around 1,200 job applications every month.
- The site features an assortment of job posting packages to suit a variety of budgets and hiring needs.
- Employers can advertise vacancies in the U.K.'s town planning, government, property, and development sectors.
- The platform offers monthly specials with discounted rates on listings.
- Employers can add their logo and company profile to job posts for increased exposure.
- The "Premium" package pins jobs to the top of its search results.
- The "Lite," "Stanard," and "Plus" packages include a wide range of additional recruitment solutions.
- Employers can add a branded content article to the site.
- The platform offers a survey service that includes a social media campaign and a report upon completion.
- Employers can access the site’s partner platform Wonderful Workplaces, which creates employer branding campaigns.
- Planning Jobs is more expensive than other leading town planning job boards.
- The site does not offer a free job posting option.
- Listings aren’t shared to affiliated job boards.
- The site does not have an applicant tracking system.
We were unable to find any online reviews of Planning Jobs.
How to Post a Job on Planning Jobs:
Eight easy steps for posting a job on Planning Jobs.
Posting a Job on Planning Jobs.
Go to Planning Jobs’ home page.
On the home page, select "POST A JOB" in the top-right corner.
Create an employer account.
On the next page, select "Create an account" in the top-right corner. Fill out the online registration form and click on "Create an account" once you’re done,
A verification link will be sent to your email. You can activate your account by clicking on "Verify your email address."
Select a job posting package.
Click on "Advertise a job " in the menu bar on your account page. Then, choose your preferred job posting option and click on "PAY ONLINE NOW" or "POST A JOB," depending on your selection.
Fill out the job posting form.
Add your listing’s information to the online form, such as the job title, publication date, location, sector, and function. Once you’re done, select "Save and continue."
Proceed to checkout.
Next, you can opt to add supporting documents or simply select "Save and continue" to proceed.
To preview your job post, click on "Preview this job."
To go back and change your job post, select "Continue editing."
Add upgrades to your job post.
A pop-up window will appear and give you the option to add optional upgrades to your job posting plan. Select any upgrades you’d like to add and click on "Continue to basket."
Review your order.
Ensure that you’ve selected the correct job posting package. Then, click on "Checkout."
If you have a discount code, add it to the applicable box and select "Apply Code."
Pay for your job post.
To purchase your job post, click on "Pay online." Add your credit card details to the online form and select "Pay online."
Once your payment is complete, your job post will go live on Planning Jobs.
Planning Jobs vs. The Planner Jobs:
Similar to Planning Jobs, The Planner Jobs caters to local town planning professionals. The Planner Jobs charges £1,095.00 for a single job post, while Planning Jobs’ pricing starts at £1,460.00 for a branded listing. Planning Jobs, however, has a greater reach than The Planner Jobs.
Planning Jobs vs. PlanningJobs.com:
PlanningJobs.com posts a range of town planning jobs across the U.K. While the site charges £795.00 for a standard listing, Planning Jobs’ branded listing costs £665.00 more, making it the more costly option. Planning Jobs, however, offers tools for maximum visibility that PlanningJobs.com lacks, such as branded content articles.
Planning Jobs vs. Jobsgopublic:
Jobsgopublic advertises public sector vacancies, including town planning roles. While there is some audience overlap, Planning Jobs also caters to the private job market. Planning Jobs offers multiple job posting packages and a simple job posting process, but employers need to contact Jobsgopublic for its pricing and job posting details.
What is Planning Jobs?
Planning Jobs is the Planning Resource’s job posting platform geared towards employers and job seekers in the U.K.’s town planning industry. The site offers a wide range of recruitment solutions to help employers connect with professionals in search of town planning, regulation, and economic development job opportunities.
What does it cost to post a job on Planning Jobs?
Planning Jobs’ pricing starts at £1,460.00 for a branded listing. The platform features an assortment of job posting packages to suit a variety of budget and hiring needs, as well as several job posting upgrades for increased exposure.
How do I create a Planning Jobs account?
- Navigate to Planning Jobs’ home page.
- Select "POST A JOB" in the top-right corner.
- On the next page, click on "Create an account."
- Fill out the online registration form.
- Once you’re done, click on "Create an account."
- A verification email will be sent to activate your account.
How do I delete a job post on Planning Jobs?
- Sign in to your account.
- Select "Your jobs" in the top menu bar.
- Choose the job you’d like to remove and click on "Delete."
Does Planning Jobs post vacancies in London?
Yes, Panning Jobs allows employers to advertise jobs throughout the U.K. and Ireland, including London, Edinburgh, Dublin, and Glasgow, among others.