Hire a Hero job board allows employers to post vacancies to their job board free of charge.
Established in 2011, Hire a Hero is a U.K.-based community interest company that helps military veterans find work outside the armed forces. The site features a range of hiring resources, such as online employment fairs and a free job posting service that connect employers with skilled candidates in search of job opportunities.
Compared to other veteran job boards, Hire a Hero is considerably more affordable and offers networking opportunities through monthly recruitment initiatives, events, and programs. They also provide increased exposure through their social media promotion services.
- The platform job board gives employers access to a highly defined audience of ex-military professionals.
- It is free to post a job on the Hire a Hero job board.
- Jobs are shared through the platform's social media channels, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Employers can post jobs in all industries that cater to military leavers' skillsets, including construction, healthcare, security, administration, engineering, and education, among others.
- Hire a Hero hosts monthly recruitment initiatives, events, and programs aimed at connecting employers with ex-military personnel.
- The site does not have a dashboard where employers can post and manage their listings.
- The platform does not offer targeted email advertising or promoted listing services.
Although we were unable to find any online reviews of Hire a Hero's job board, the site received a 5 out of 5-star rating on Facebook based on the opinion of 14 people.
How to Post a Job on Hire a Hero Job Board:
Hire a Hero Job Board vs. Ex Forces Jobs Network:
Hire a Hero and Ex Forces Jobs Network both host job boards for ex-military personnel. Hire a Hero's job board is free of charge, while the latter charges £35.00 per job post. Although Hire a Hero offers social media promotion services, Ex Forces Jobs Network has a larger range of hiring solutions, which includes CV searches and promoted posts.
Hire a Hero Job Board vs. Reed.co.uk:
Reed.co.uk is a popular job board that serves all job seekers in all industries of the U.K. Hire a Hero, however, is more niche and exclusive to ex-military members and veterans. While Reed.co.uk offers more hiring services than Hire a Hero, the latter might be the better option for employers in search of specialized professionals.