Hire a Hero allows employers to post vacancies to their job board free of charge.
Established in 2011, Hire a Hero is a U.K.-based community interest company that helps military veterans find work outside the armed forces. The site features a range of hiring resources, such as online employment fairs and a free job posting service that connect employers with skilled candidates in search of job opportunities.
Compared to other veteran job boards, Hire a Hero is considerably more affordable and offers networking opportunities through monthly recruitment initiatives, events, and programs. They also provide increased exposure through their social media promotion services.
- The platform job board gives employers access to a highly defined audience of ex-military professionals.
- It is free to post a job on the Hire a Hero job board.
- Jobs are shared through the platform's social media channels, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Employers can post jobs in all industries that cater to military leavers' skillsets, including construction, healthcare, security, administration, engineering, and education, among others.
- Hire a Hero hosts monthly recruitment initiatives, events, and programs aimed at connecting employers with ex-military personnel.
- The site does not have a dashboard where employers can post and manage their listings.
- The platform does not offer targeted email advertising or promoted listing services.
Although we were unable to find any online reviews of Hire a Hero's job board, the site received a 5 out of 5-star rating on Facebook based on the opinion of 14 people.
How to Post a Job on Hire a Hero:
Hire a Hero vs. Ex Forces Jobs Network:
Hire a Hero and Ex Forces Jobs Network both host job boards for ex-military personnel. Hire a Hero's job board is free of charge, while the latter charges £35.00 per job post. Although Hire a Hero offers social media promotion services, Ex Forces Jobs Network has a larger range of hiring solutions, which includes CV searches and promoted posts.
Hire a Hero vs. reed.co.uk:
reed.co.uk is a popular job board that serves all job seekers in all industries of the U.K. Hire a Hero, however, is more niche and exclusive to ex-military members and veterans. While reed.co.uk offers more hiring services than Hire a Hero, the latter might be the better option for employers in search of specialized professionals.
What is Hire a Hero?
Hire a Hero is a community interest company that aims to support military leavers and veterans in their search for resettlement in the public and private sectors of the U.K. The site's job board connects employers with ex-military professionals in search of job opportunities.
What does it cost to post a job on Hire a Hero?
Hire a Hero allows employers to advertise jobs free of charge.
How do I create a Hire a Hero account?
There is no information on Hire a Hero's website about creating an employer account. Interested individuals can contact the organization for more information.