The Kansas City Star Jobs
From $398.00 /post.
Applicant tracking system
Resume database search
Social media promotion
Job ad distribution
Phone, email, online chat.
The Kansas City Star is a popular newspaper based in Kansas City, Missouri, that provides access to a local job board. With an aim to help local employers connect with active and passive job seekers, the platform offers 30-day postings, social media promotion, job ad distribution, and a candidate database.
- The Kansas City Star Jobs offers access to robust tools, including applicant tracking, unlimited user logins, and job analytics.
- Job advertisements are promoted on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- The platform distributes job advertisements to more than 30 job aggregators, including ZipRecruiter, Indeed, and Glassdoor.
- All packages include access to MaxRecruit Platinum, which monitors and adjusts job ads' placement and cost-per-click.
- The Kansas City Star Jobs offers featured job postings, a resume database, and candidate matching.
- The Premium plan includes a 30-day posting on CareerBuilder to help improve visibility.
- The candidate database and matching services are only available with the Premium plan.
- Social media promotion on Instagram and Facebook is limited to the Advanced and Premium plans.
- Compared to local job boards KCJOBS.com and MoJobs, The Kansas City Star Jobs stands out as the most costly option.
- There is an additional cost to advertise jobs in the newspaper.
We were unable to find online reviews on The Kansas City Star Jobs' job board.
Add-On: Featured Job - The Kansas City Star
Add-On: Facebook Basic Campaign
How to Post a Job on The Kansas City Star Jobs:
Six easy steps for posting a job on The Kansas City Star Jobs.
Posting a job on The Kansas City Star Jobs.
Go to The Kansas City Star Jobs home page.
On the home page, click on the three horizontal lines in the top-left corner of the page and choose "Jobs" under "Sponsored Content."
Click on "POST A JOB."
On the jobs page, click on "POST A JOB" in the top-right corner.
Choose a package.
Scroll down to the different job posting plans and read through the options. Once you're ready to proceed, click on "Proceed now" below your plan of choice.
Enter your email address in the pop-up window and click on "Continue."
Enter your job post details.
Complete the job advertisement form with important details on your open position, including the job title, location, description, and requirements. Once you've filled in the form, click on "Continue."
Review your order.
On the following page, review your order's details and browse through the selection of add-ons available. If you're satisfied with your order, click on "Continue."
Complete the payment and post your job.
Fill in the billing details form and click on "Preview Job" below the costs summary in the top-right corner. Finally, complete the payment and post your job by clicking on "Post Job" in the bottom-right corner.
The Kansas City Star Jobs vs. KCJOBS.com:
The notable differences between KCJOBS.com and The Kansas City Star Jobs are their prices and post duration. KCJOBS.com is $373.00 more affordable and includes a 60-day post duration. The Kansas City Star Jobs, on the other hand, includes features missing from KCJOBS.com, including candidate matching, a resume database, and applicant tracking.
The Kansas City Star Jobs vs. MissouriJobNetwork.com:
The Kansas City Star Jobs and MissouriJobNetwork.com both offer similar features, including job analytics, applicant tracking, and access to a resume database. However, MissouriJobNetwork.com stands out as the more affordable option and even offers a free job posting plan for internship roles.
The Kansas City Star Jobs vs. MoJobs:
MoJobs is a regional job board that offers free job postings and online training. The Kansas City Star Jobs, however, is strictly a paid platform that offers higher visibility and more robust features missing from MoJobs, including an applicant tracking system, resume database access, job ad distribution, and comprehensive social media sharing.