1 Week Ad Activation
1 Ad/Month Activation
3 Ads/Month Activation Credits
6 Ads/Month Activation Credits
Serious Teachers is a niche job board that advertises opportunities to educators in the U.S. and across the world. For job seekers, Serious Teachers helps showcase candidate profiles and ensures that resumes reach employers in various countries. For employers, Serious Teachers is an affordable platform that provides access to active job seekers.
- Recruit both national and international teachers.
- Serious Teachers also provides an in-house TEFL diploma course.
- Creating an account on Serious Teachers is free, simple, and straightforward.
- Compared to niche job boards like SchoolSpring or TeachingJobs.com, Serious Teachers is quite affordable, starting at just $49.00 per ad activation.
- The site is user friendly and the process of posting a job ad is quick and easy.
- No free plan available.
- Job ads are not syndicated and therefore, are not advertised on social media platforms.
- Limited information is available on Serious Teacher's pricing and features.
- International coverage is limited to a set number of countries.
- While the website is easy to navigate, it's also clunky and packed with outdated features.
There are no customer reviews of Serious Teachers available online. However, we did find a forum discussion that highlighted the company's tendency to spam, overcharge for candidates, and send applications from candidates without their knowledge. Employers and job seekers alike are advised to look out for any spam and/or suspicious behavior.
How To Post A Job on Serious Teachers:
Six easy steps to post a job on Serious Teachers.
Posting a job on Serious Teachers.
Click "Post a Job."
On the homepage, click "Employers," and from the dropdown menu, select "Post a Job."
Register your account.
To post a job, register your business by adding your email to the online form. Then, click "Sign Up."
Fill in the online form.
Add information about your business, such as your school/organization, website, and password. Then, click "Continue."
Add your job post details.
Add information such as required qualifications, benefits, and the number of vacancies available. When you are ready, click "Save."
Purchase ad credits.
Select the plan most suited to you, and choose your payment method.
View your job post.
You can then view your job post and edit as needed.
Serious Teachers vs. Teachaway:
Both Teachaway and Serious Teachers are international job boards that also offer a TEFL qualification. Unlike Teach Away, Serious Teacher's pricing is more accessible but it works on an ad credit system that starts at $49.00 for one week. However, with Serious Teachers, you can recruit both national and international teachers.
Serious Teachers vs. TeachingJobs.com:
Unlike TeachingJobs.com, Serious Teachers cater to both an international and national market, and their pricing is based on an ad credits system instead of individual job postings. With Serious Teachers, you can advertise a job for $49.00, which is worth one week of advertisement. Whereas with TeachingJobs.com, you'll start at $100.00 per job ad.
Serious Teachers vs. SchoolSpring:
The main difference between Serious Teachers and SchoolSpring is their target markets. Unlike SchoolSpring, Serious Teachers caters to both international and national employers. SchoolSpring, on the other hand, helps recruit all types of staff members that work at schools, including teachers, support staff, security, and administration.
Jan 01, 2003
What is Serious Teachers?
Serious Teachers is a job board that caters to those looking to enter the field of teaching.
What does it cost to post a job on Serious Teachers?
It costs between $49.00 and $540.00 to activate a job ad on Serious Teachers. Unlike most of its competitors, Serious Teachers charges for ad activation instead of individual job postings.
How do I create an account on Serious Teachers?
- Go to the Serious Teachers website.
- Click on "Employers" in the main menu.
- Select "Post a Job" from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your email address and sign up.
- Complete the online job ad form.
- Choose an activation payment plan.
- Pay the fee and submit.
How do I delete a job post on Serious Teachers?
Go to the Serious Teachers website, login to your employer account, and click on your "Activation History." Here, you can select the ad you'd like to delete.