It's free to post a job on the MDES job board.
The Mississippi Department of Employment Security is a government-run employment information website for job seekers and employers in Mississippi. The platform includes a job board where employers can register their business and post an unlimited number of jobs for free.
While the job board is an excellent resource for finding and hiring talent in Mississippi, it is missing a few of the advanced hiring tools of popular job boards including applicant tracking, syndication to other job boards, social media sharing, and featured posts.
- The MDES job board is a niche job posting site for finding qualified job seekers in Mississippi.
- It's free to post a job on the MDES job board.
- Employers can access the extensive candidate database for direct hiring.
- The platform includes candidate matching facilities.
- The MDES website also includes an information center and links for filing employer taxes.
- There is a mobile app for job seekers.
- The MDES job board does not syndicate jobs to other websites or share posts on social media.
- The platform is missing applicant tracking features.
- Employers cannot create enhanced or featured posts.
We were unable to find online reviews of the MDES job board.
How to Post a Job on the MDES Job Board:
In order to post a job or search for candidates on the MDES job board, employers must first create an account and register their company.
MDES Job Board vs. MississippiJobNetwork.com:
Whereas the MDES job board is a free job site run by the state, MississippiJobNetwork.com is a privately owned job board that forms part of the Circa network of diversity and regional sites in the U.S. Of the two, MississippiJobNetwork.com has more to offer with featured listings and job syndication. However, pricing starts at $275.00 per post.
MDES Job Board vs. CareerBuilder:
Like the MDES job board, CareerBuilder advertises a wide variety of general vacancies and offers access to a resume database. However, the latter is the costlier option, charging $349.00 per month per post, compared to the MDES job board's free job posting service. Of the two, the MDES job board may be the better choice for local hiring efforts.
MDES Job Board vs. Indeed:
Indeed is a general job board and one of the most popular in the U.S. Unlike the MDES job board, Indeed offers both free and paid options where employers can pay for featured listings. While the MDES job board offers a more targeted approach to hiring in Mississippi, Indeed has a greater reach and more hiring tools.