Download Job Application Forms:
Tips for Using an Application for Employment Template:
- Make a generic application available to applicants to download, fill out and email back, print and return physically, or print it out yourself and hand it to potential applicants.
- If you’re using job posting sites to advertise your job, allow the candidates to do everything electronically, via download and email.
- Compare the answers you receive on the generic job application directly to your job description, to be sure that applicants meet your needs.
- Scan completed applications quickly to make sure they’re filled out, and that candidates meet the essential requirements.
- Compare your favorites side-by-side before deciding who to interview.
- Be sure to keep good applications on file, even if you can’t hire the applicant right away - it’s always good to have a group of potential employees for a hiring emergency.
That should be everything you need to replace your old job application form with new printable applications, or start using them at your business and tick one more task off your new hire checklist.
Once you've got some good applicants, you may want to see our employment verification guide to help you screen them.
If you've applied for a job, and haven't heard back yet, use this job application follow up email.