Energy Job Shop
Free and paid options.
Job post distribution
Job ads are shared on social media
Resume database access
Founded in 2016, Energy Job Shop serves more than 5 million oil and gas job seekers per month across the U.S. and Canada. While the site allows employers to post jobs for free, hiring tools are limited, and the platform features no resume database, applicant tracking system, or job post syndication to other sites.
That being said, Energy Job Shop is a solid option for attracting skilled professionals in the oil and gas industry across North America.
- It is completely free for employers to post job ads on the platform.
- Energy Job Shop features vacancies across the U.S. and Canada.
- Job ads are shared on social media for added exposure.
- The website reportedly receives between 25,000 and 50,000 page views per day.
- There are over 115,000 registered email and job alert subscribers.
- Job seekers can peruse a detailed directory of oil and gas employers.
- Featured jobs are displayed on the home page and at the top of search results to aid visibility.
- The site features both French and Spanish language options.
- There is no searchable resume database or applicant tracking system.
- Job posts are not shared to other job boards.
- The site does not have any U.S.-based customer support channels.
We were unable to find any online reviews of Energy Job Shop.
Single Job Posting
Single Featured Post
How to Post a Job on Energy Job Shop:
Three easy steps for posting a job on Energy Job Shop.
Posting a job on Energy Job Shop.
Navigate to the Energy Job Shop home page.
From the Energy Job Shop home page, click on "Post a Job" at the top right of the menu bar.
On the next page, scroll down and click on the hyperlinked text, "Post a job here."
Register as an employer.
Fill out the registration form with your name, email address, and a password. Be sure to select "Employer" from the drop-down list. Then, agree to the terms and conditions and click on "Register."
Create your job post.
From your dashboard, click on "Post a Job" again in the top menu bar. Enter the job title and select your company from the drop-down below "Company." Click on "Continue" after each step.
Once you have submitted your job listing, Energy Job Shop will review and approve your listing before it is added to the site.
Energy Job Shop vs. Rigzone:
Rigzone is a similar job board to Energy Job Shop, with plans starting at $550.00 per post, whereas it's free to post a job with the latter. By contrast, Rigzone features resume searches and a global reach. However, Energy Job Shop reaches a large audience in Canada and the U.S. and features social media sharing which Rigzone lacks.
Energy Job Shop vs. Energy Jobline:
Energy Jobline is a global energy job board with posting plans starting at £125.00. By contrast, employers can post job listings for free on Energy Job Shop and pay less for a premium job posting. Unlike Energy Job Shop, Energy Jobline's pricing is only available in pounds sterling and it does not offer local support or a French-language option.
Energy Job Shop vs. Indeed:
Indeed is a general job posting site with a much larger reach than Energy Job Shop, as well as free and pay-per-application options for employers on a budget. Energy Job Shop offers unlimited free posting but, unlike Indeed, does not offer resume database access. Indeed also features more robust hiring tools compared to the former.
Energy Job Shop
Jan 01, 2016