7-day free trial.
Candidate database access
French language option
VelvetJobs lists jobs across a variety of industries, including the fashion, entertainment, media, and finance sectors. The site offers a range of career services for job seekers and a selection of recruitment tools for employers, including job postings, candidate searches, and employer branding.
The site offers Canadian employers access to an extensive international talent pool, a convenient online dashboard for managing job ads, and company profiles. However, it lacks a free job posting plan, which local niche competitors, such as the Creative Pathways job board, offer.
- Subscriptions for single and multiple job slots are available.
- Employers can make use of a seven-day free trial.
- Jobs are distributed to multiple job boards.
- Employers can create a detailed careers page.
- The site features a searchable candidate database.
- Employer branding services are available.
- The site offers outplacement services.
- There is no free job posting plan — only a free trial.
- The site does not offer job post upgrades to feature listings or promote them on social media.
- There are no local customer support channels or features tailored to a Canadian audience.
- The website is not available in French.
- Pricing is only listed in U.S. dollars.
VelvetJobs has an A+ Better Business Bureau rating and received a score of 4.9 stars on Trustpilot, based on more than 130 reviews. While most feedback is from job seekers satisfied with the platform's services, some employers also reported positive customer service experiences and praised the extensive talent pool the site provides access to.
1 Job Slot
3 Job Slots
10 Job Slots
>10 Job Slots
Contact for quote.
VelvetJobs vs. Creative Pathways Job Board:
The Creative Pathways job board caters to roles in the film industry in British Columbia, whereas VelvetJobs is a U.S.-based site that lists jobs across a variety of industries, including entertainment and finance, and has an international reach. While the Creative Pathways job board is free, VelvetJobs' pricing starts at US$39.99 per month.
VelvetJobs vs. Media Job Search Canada:
With a starting price of C$150.00 per post, Media Job Search Canada is costlier than VelvetJobs, which has a starting price of US$39.99 per month for one job slot. However, Media Job Search Canada offers a more targeted approach to hiring local talent and offers featured listings, which is something that VelvetJobs lacks.
VelvetJobs vs. CITT/ICTS Job Board:
The Canadian Institute for Theatre Technology (CITT/ICTS) Job Board offers a free job posting service, compared to VelvetJobs, which offers a free trial and has a starting price of US$39.99 per month. While the former reaches a more defined audience in Canada, the latter offers better features, including candidate searches and employer branding.