First 25 words
Each additional word
*OVMA Box Number
*An OVMA Box Number allows employers to remain anonymous in their job ad. OVMA will forward applicant responses to employers so that their contact information isn't posted publicly.
The Ontario Veterinary Medical Association (OVMA) is a membership platform founded in 1874 by a group of Ontario veterinary surgeons. After years of organizational restructuring, the platform took its current form in 1980. The organization's objective is to advance and promote research, education, and excellence in the Ontario veterinary profession.
OVMA also hosts a job board that allows both member and nonmember employers to post a range of veterinary vacancies across the province. Discounted rates for OVMA members and a 60-day listing period make the OVMA job board an attractive option for highly targeted local recruiting.
- Job ads stay live for 60 days.
- OVMA is an Ontario-based veterinary job board that allows employers to post full-time, part-time, and temporary vacancies.
- Employers can add their name, address, and telephone number to their job ad free of charge.
- OVMA members receive a discounted rate on job ads.
- Both members and nonmembers have access to informative articles, recruitment webinars, and industry-related events.
- The platform does not offer an online job posting process.
- The site offers no social media promotion, email advertising, or employer branding services.
- Employers interested in removing a job ad before its expiration date need to contact the organization.
We were unable to find any online reviews of OVMA at this time.
How to Post a Job on OVMA:
OVMA does not offer an online job posting process. Employers interested in placing a job ad can email their job description to email@example.com. Job ads will be posted within 24 hours of receipt.
OVMA vs. Vetjobs Canada:
While OVMA caters to the Ontario veterinarian job market, Vetjobs Canada serves the entire Canadian vet industry. Although OVMA is more expensive, it is the better option for employers placing vacancies solely in the Ontario area, as they will be able to hire candidates faster.
OVMA vs. Vet & Pet Jobs:
Vet & Pet Jobs is a global veterinary job board that charges employers US$220.00 for a North American job post. In comparison, OVMA is more affordable and targeted specifically at Ontario job seekers. Vet & Pet Jobs, however, offers hiring services such as social media promotion and featured listings that OVMA does not.
What is OVMA?
OVMA is a membership platform for veterinarian professionals in Ontario, Canada. The organization hosts a job board that allows both members and nonmembers to place veterinary-related vacancies.
What does it cost to post a job on OVMA?
OVMA's pricing starts with a member-rate of C$72.75 for the first 25 words of a job ad. It is then C$1.99 for each additional word. The platform also has a nonmember job posting option.
How do I create an OVMA account?
Employers interested in creating an account with OVMA can contact the organization for more information.
How do I delete a job post on OVMA?
Employers who'd like to remove a job post before it expires can contact the company for more information.