Lawjobs.com is a highly-regarded legal job board that offers excellent hiring tools such as social media sharing, distribution to partner sites, post analytics, and applicant tracking.
There are very few Canadian jobs featured on the site, and there is no clear way for international employers to contact support services or inquire about package options.
- Employers can track applicant statuses online.
- Monthly reports on job posts are made available.
- Job posts are featured in email alerts.
- Posts are distributed to partner sites.
- Discounts are offered when purchasing multiple posts.
- Posts can easily be shared on social media.
- Employers are offered a feature in regional or national eNewsletters, including the Canadian "The Reporter."
- Email and social media communication is available for Canadian employers.
- No custom packages are offered, meaning that employers may have to pay for features they won't use.
- Pricing is expensive for small businesses.
- Pricing is only available in U.S. dollars.
- No French version of the website is available.
- There is no local telephonic customer support.
Proven gave Lawjobs.com a 5-star rating and claimed that it is an invaluable resource for legal jobs in the US. A Quora user recommended that law graduates try using Lawjobs.com first when searching for jobs.
How to Post a Job on Lawjobs.com:
Five easy steps for posting a job on Lawjobs.com.
Posting a job on Lawjobs.com.
Navigate to the Lawjobs.com home page.
From the home page, hover over "Register" in the top-right corner of the page and select "Employers" from the drop-down menu.
Create your account.
Fill out the online form with your personal and company information. Then, click on "Register" toward the bottom of the page.
Select a job posting plan.
Click on "Post a Job" in the top-right corner of the page. Then, select a job posting plan by clicking on "Add to cart" beneath the desired package.
Select additional upgrades.
Choose optional upgrades from the list by checking the corresponding boxes of the upgrades that you would like to purchase. Once complete, click on "Proceed To Checkout."
Complete the payment process.
Fill out the online form with your billing details and click on "Place Order" to complete the payment process.
Once the payment is complete, you'll be able to create and post your job ad.
Lawjobs.com vs. NALP:
NALP is a legal job board that offers applicant tracking, resume searches, email resume alerts, and branding solutions. Their pricing begins at US$250.00 per post, which is more affordable than Lawjobs.com. However, Lawjobs.com offers many of the same features as NALP while also providing a wide network of job seekers through their partner sites.
Lawjobs.com vs. ATL Job Board:
ATL Job Board is a legal job board that specifically creates categories for law students and professionals. Pricing starts at US$900.00 for 5 job posts that last 45 days. Lawjobs.com's pricing begins at US$695.00 for a single post that lasts 30 days. ATL Job Board does not mention any additional hiring tools other than exposure on their site.
Lawjobs.com vs. Indeed:
Indeed is a region-specific job board. It is free to post on Indeed, with the option to sponsor posts for more visibility. Indeed is more affordable than Lawjobs.com and it has a much wider audience. However, Lawjobs.com offers features such as applicant tracking and reports on job posts, which can be invaluable to employers.