The CPRS is a federated professional organization of PR and communications societies around Canada. It was started in 1948 with the purpose of upholding standards and practices in the public relations sector of Canada. Their job board covers all provinces within Canada, allowing PR professionals to find positions easily and free of charge.
- CPRS is affiliated with the Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management.
- Job posts are promoted bi-weekly to over 4,000 public relations professionals.
- The website is available in English and French.
- Job posts reach more than 2,500 public relations and communications professionals in Canada.
- They offer a membership discount on job postings.
- The platform provides resources, such as articles and workshops, for PR employers.
- The website only offers a few pricing packages for job postings.
- Their recruiting platform doesn't have a built-in applicant tracking system.
- Job posts are only displayed on some regional member job board sites.
We were unable to find any online reviews of the CPRS Job Board.
How to Post a Job on the CPRS Job Board:
Four easy steps for posting a job on the CPRS Job Board.
Posting a job on the CPRS Job Board.
Find "JOBS" on the CPRS home page.
Navigate to the CPRS home page. Find and select "JOBS" in the header menu.
Selet a job posting option.
Scroll down the page and select a job posting plan by clicking on either the "Purchase 1-Month Posting" or the "Purchase 2-Month Posting" button.
Then, select "Yes" or "No" beneath the text "APR (Accredited in Public Relations) Preferred?:"
Click on "ADD ITEM."
Pay for your listing.
Review the item(s) in your online shopping cart, click on "CHECKOUT," and add your billing and payment information. When you're ready to make the payment, click on "PROCEED TO CONFIRMATION" toward the bottom of the page.
If you are a CPRS member, you will be prompted to sign in.
Create and post your job ad.
Once you've made the payment, you can create and post your job ad.
CPRS Job Board vs. Monster:
Monster is the more affordable of the two platforms, with posting options starting at C$15.00 per day. The CPRS Job Board offers a more direct and targeted approach, as it caters specifically to local public relations professionals. However, it is far costlier, with a starting price of C$495.00 per post.
CPRS Job Board vs. The Canadian Council of Public Relations Firms:
The Canadian Council of Public Relations Firms (CCPRF), a national organization of Canadian public relations firms, hosts a careers page for job seekers looking to work in PR and communications. Unlike the CPRS Job Board, they do not offer direct job postings via their website but rather aggregate available positions through direct links.
Canadian Public Relations Society vs. Jobs.ca:
Jobs.ca caters to the entire Canadian job market, with a flat fee of C$325.00 per post. The CPRS Job Board only focuses on public relations positions, charging nonmembers C$495.00 to post a position. Both sites have a wide reach in Canada — Jobs.ca through their established network of online job boards, and the CPRS through their regional branches.