Conservation Job Board
Free and paid options.
Job alert emails
Social media promotion
Job board syndication
Established in 2010, Conservation Job Board has over a decade of recruitment experience in the conservation, environmental, and ecology sectors. The global career platform offers employers access to a large, specialized audience of over 100,000 conservation professionals, but has a limited reach in Canada.
Conservation Job Board offers a number of valuable recruitment features, including social media promotion and email job alerts. However, the platform's free plan has a limited duration and reach. In addition, the platform lacks a resume database and caters primarily to the U.S. job market.
- Conservation Job Board offers employers access to a niche audience of over 100,000 global conservation professionals.
- Employers can post vacancies to Conservation Job Board for free.
- "Premium" job listings reach up to 40,000 job seekers and are listed for 30 days.
- Job posts are promoted on the platform's Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages.
- Employers can edit job posts at any time.
- Job posts are shared with subscribed candidates via email alerts.
- Employers can add their company logo to job posts to help attract candidates.
- Job seekers can filter jobs by category, job type, and location to connect with suitable employers.
- The platform is more affordable than competitors, such as Conservation Careers and ECO Canada.
- The basic free listing is only active for 15 days and receives less exposure.
- Employers are limited to three free postings per month.
- The platform lacks a resume database of candidates for employers to browse through.
- Job posts are not syndicated to other job boards or websites.
- The platform caters primarily to the U.S. job market.
- The website is not available in French.
- There are no local offices or customer support channels in Canada.
We were unable to find any online reviews of Conservation Job Board.
How to Post a Job on Conservation Job Board:
Seven easy steps for posting a job on Conservation Job Board.
Posting a job on Conservation Job Board.
Navigate to the Conservation Job Board home page.
From the home page, click on "Sign In" in the top-right corner of the page. Then, click on the "Sign Up" link in the pop-up window.
Create your account.
Enter your email address and password before clicking on "Sign Up." Follow the email link to verify your account.
Click on the "Go To Your Dashboard" link.
Start the job posting process.
From your dashboard, click on "Post Job" in the top menu bar. On the next page, click on the "GET STARTED NOW" button toward the right of the page.
Create your job post.
Fill out the online form with your vacancy details. Once complete, click on "NEXT" toward the bottom of the page.
Use Betterteam's job description template to help structure your job post.
Review your job post.
Check the preview of your job post for accuracy. Click on "BACK" to make any changes. Once you're happy with your job ad, click on "NEXT."
Select a job posting plan.
Click on "POST JOB" beneath the job posting plan that best suits your hiring needs.
If you choose the Basic Listing plan, your job post will immediately be posted to the Conservation Job Board.
Complete the payment and post your job ad.
If you chose the "Premium Listing," enter your billing details and click on "SUBMIT" to complete the purchase. Once the payment has been processed, your job post will be added to the Conservation Job Board.
If you have a promo code, you can enter it on this page.
Conservation Job Board vs. Conservation Careers:
Although Conservation Careers is based in the U.K., it receives more website traffic than Conservation Job Board and features more local listings, making it a better platform for Canadian employers. While Conservation Careers is the costlier option, it offers a resume database and partner website syndication, which Conservation Job Board lacks.
Conservation Job Board vs. ECO Canada:
ECO Canada caters specifically to the Canadian job market, whereas Conservation Job Board's presence is limited in the country, making the former the better option for local hiring. Both platforms feature social media promotion, however, Conservation Job Board is much more affordable thanks to its free job posting plan.
Conservation Job Board vs. Canadian Environmental Network (RCEN):
Both RCEN and Conservation Job Board promote job ads on their social media channels. Although RCEN lacks a free job posting option, it does allow small companies that cannot afford to advertise their vacancies to place ads for free. Moreover, RCEN has a larger presence in Canada than Conservation Job Board, making it better for local hiring.
What is Conservation Job Board?
Conservation Job Board claims to be the world's largest conservation job posting site that employers can use to advertise vacancies and connect with a specialized audience of ecology, forestry, wildlife, and environmental professionals both locally and abroad.
What does it cost to post a job on Conservation Job Board?
Conservation Job Board's "Basic Listing" is completely free. The "Premium Listing" costs US$55.00 per job post and offers employers greater exposure.
How do I create an account on Conservation Job Board?
- Go to the Conservation Job Board home page.
- Click on "Sign In" in the top-right corner of the page.
- Click on the "Sign Up" link in the pop-up window.
- Enter your email address and password before clicking on "Sign Up."
- Follow the email link to verify your account.