From $160.00 /post.
Job board syndication
Social media promotion
Phone and email.
The Society for Conservation Biology has a global membership of over 4,000. Employers from corporate, government, academic, and nonprofit sectors use the job board to find talent. They are attracted to the job board's pool of niche professionals, variety of pricing options, searchable candidate resume database, and more.
- A wide range of price points appeals to companies large and small.
- The job board comprises an international talent pool for employers to advertise to.
- Listings get distributed to the Wiley Online Library to target subject specialists.
- Employers can highlight job posts to make them stand out on the job board or get them featured on the home page.
- SCB Members get discounted prices on job posts.
- The Needle in a Haystack plan gives companies Featured Employer Status.
- The company can be reached via phone and email.
- There are no free job posting options.
- SCB Careers does not share job posts on its social media channels.
- There are no applicant tracking tools to streamline the hiring process.
- There are currently only 30 jobs listed on the job board, compared to over 1,000 on sites like Indeed.
The Society for Conservation Biology is a respected organization, but we were unable to find reviews for their jobs board.
30 Days Pricing
60 Days Pricing
90 Days Pricing
Simple to Recruit
Challenging to Recruit
Difficult to Recruit
Needle in a Haystack
How to Post a Job on SCB Careers:
Six easy steps for posting a job on SCB Careers.
Posting a job on SCB Careers.
Go to the SCB Careers website.
Navigate to careers.conbio.org and click on the "Employers" button in the top-right corner of the page.
Choose a package.
Read through each package description and choose one that meets your budget and hiring needs. Click on the "Select" button with your desired post duration.
Create an account.
Click on the "Create an account" button to the right of the page.
Fill in the form.
Add your details in the relevant section and click on the "Create an account" button at the bottom of the page.
After creating an account, you will be redirected to the same job posting package page. Make the same selection as before to continue.
Create your job post.
Begin a five-step process by adding a job title and location, or choose a template if you wish. Click on "Next" to proceed.
Add a job description and job summary. Click on "Next" to proceed.
Add a salary and location description. Click on "Next" to proceed.
Add a category. Click on "Next" to proceed.
Add communication information. Click on "SAVE AND CONTINUE" to proceed.
Click on "Checkout."
Confirm your purchase details and click on the "Checkout" button in the bottom-right of the page. Then, click on "Pay online" on the next page, and the "Continue to payment" button on the following page. Finally, add you payment details and pay for your job post.
SCB Careers vs. Conservation Job Board:
Conservation Job Board has free and paid options, while SCB Careers' most affordable plan is $160.00 per job post. Both platforms have a considerable reach, but Conservation Job Board lacks a candidate resume database. It does offer social media job post sharing and email alerts to job seekers, while SCB Careers does not.
SCB Careers vs. Environmental Career Center:
Environmental Career Center's most affordable plan costs $99.95 per post, compared to SCB Careers' $160.00. Both platforms offer access to a candidate resume database and branded profile pages, but Environmental Career Center has discounts on bulk job posting and listings stay active for 45 days instead of 30.
SCB Careers vs. Indeed:
Despite Indeed being a general job board, it lists over 1,000 jobs in the U.S. under the keyword "conservation biology," compared to only 30 jobs listed on SCB Careers. Indeed is also more affordable and reaches a larger audience of job seekers. SCB Careers is useful if you want to only target niche conservation specialists.