From C$298.00 /post.
Resume database access
Candidate messaging and interviewing
Applicant tracking tools
French language option
CharityVillage is a Canadian-based job board that gives employers access to an extensive pool of professionals in the local nonprofit and charity sectors. The platform receives around 200,00 unique monthly visits and is a valuable resource for organizations in search of both basic and advanced hiring solutions.
CharityVillage's standout features include candidate management tools, video interviewing, comprehensive employer branding, and automated reference checking. However, the platform's paid job posting plans are costly compared to other niche job boards, such as ECO Canada Job Board.
- The platform offers a variety of free and paid job posting plans to suit different budgets and hiring needs.
- Employers receive a discount on the pre-purchase of five or more job posting credits.
- The job board caters exclusively to the nonprofit sector of Canada, giving employers access to a niche pool of talent.
- Vacancies can be distributed to a network of job boards for increased exposure.
- CharityVillage features a robust employer dashboard from which users can manage applications and message candidates.
- Listings can be boosted to the top of search results and featured on the job board's home page for maximum visibility.
- The platform offers video prescreening and video interviewing tools to streamline the hiring process.
- ChairtyVillage offers extensive employer branding, including a detailed company profile page, to aid brand awareness.
- The platform offers a French language option, making bilingual hiring a breeze.
- Other tools include an applicant tracking system, dedicated account support, and automated reference checking.
- Compared to some of its competitors, the job board's paid posting plans are costly.
- The platform lacks access to a resume database.
We were unable to find any online reviews of CharityVillage.
Nonprofit Job Posting
For-Profit Job Posting
Add-on: Job Boost
*The platform offers additional e-learning products, employer guides, video interviewing tools, and salary reports that can be perused at checkout.
How to Post a Job on CharityVillage:
Five easy steps for posting a job on CharityVillage.
Posting a job on CharityVillage.
Go to CharityVillage's home page.
From the home page, click on "POST A JOB" in the top menu bar.
Create an employer account.
Under "Employer Login," click on "Sign up here." Fill out the online form with your details and click on "Create my account" to proceed.
Create your listing.
On the next page, tick the box of your preferred job posting plan and fill out the online job posting form with your vacancy details, including the job title, location, and description. Once you're done, click on "Proceed."
You can click on "Save" to return to your listing at a later stage.
Select additional products.
Peruse the platform's range of additional e-learning, video interviewing, and salary data products and select any you wish to purchase. Then, under "ORDER SUMMARY," click on "Proceed."
Select a job posting network you'd like to distribute your listing to and click on "Proceed."
Finalize your order.
Review your order to ensure you've selected the correct job posting package and click on "Proceed."
Fill out the online form with your billing details and select your preferred payment method.
Click on "Make Payment" to complete your purchase.
CharityVillage vs. WorkInNonProfits.ca:
CharityVillage and WorkInNonProfits.ca both offer a French language option and social media promotion, but the former stands out with additional job distribution, employer branding, and candidate management tools. While WorkInNonProfits.ca is a free job posting service, CharityVillage only offers free volunteer listings.
CharityVillage vs. CharityWorldWorks.ca:
Like CharityVillage, CharityWorldWorks.ca caters exclusively to the local nonprofit sector, but is less feature-rich than CharityVillage, which offers robust candidate management and applicant tracking tools. CharityWorldWorks.ca is also the costlier option of the two and has no free job posting plan available.
CharityVillage vs. Idealist:
CharityVillage and Idealist are both dedicated nonprofit job boards, but while the former caters exclusively to local employers and job seekers, Idealist has a large global reach. Both platforms feature applicant tracking tools, but CharityVillage also has video interviewing, candidate messaging, and job distribution on offer.