A job post on the AFP Ottawa costs C$200.00 for members and C$300.00 for nonmembers.
AFP Ottawa hosts a job board where employers can find fundraising experts to assist with the development work across the globe. The organization aims to attain a diverse representation of experiences, perspectives, opinions, and cultures in the fundraising fraternity which make members sought after in the industry.
- The platform provides employers access to a network of qualified fundraisers in the Ottawa region.
- AFP Ottawa assists employers interested in promoting diversity in the workplace through its diverse pool of potential employees.
- All job posts include salary ranges which attract 30% more attention from job candidates.
- New job posts are sent to potential candidates via email.
- Job posts are promoted on the platform's social media channels.
- Posting jobs directly to the site is not possible. Job posts are created from job descriptions that are submitted to AFP.
- Job posts have to include salary ranges before they can be published.
- Job posts only appear 2-3 days after submission.
- It is not clear for how long posts are active.
AFP Ottawa received a 5-star rating on Facebook based on the rating of 56 people. The respondents dubbed the organization as ethical. They also commented that the resources provided are outstanding and of great help.
How to Post a Job on AFP Ottawa:
To post a job with AFP Ottawa, email the job description of the vacant position in .pdf format and the organization's logo in .jpg or .png format to the Chapter Administrator. The salary or salary range must be included in the email.
AFP Ottawa vs. WorkInNonProfits.ca:
While AFP Ottawa's job board is focused on finding employment in the fundraising industry, WorkInNonProfits.ca allows employers to post a range of jobs in the nonprofit sector. Both organizations share job vacancies on their social media pages. Posting on WorkInNonProfits.ca is free while posting on AFP Ottawa starts at C$200.00.
AFP Ottawa vs. Ottawa Citizen:
Like AFP Ottawa, Ottawa Citizen is focused on helping job seekers in the city to find employment. While AFP Ottawa is an organization aimed at fundraising, Ottawa Citizen is a newspaper that is distributed in Ottawa. Ottawa Citizen is a general job board, while AFP Ottawa is focused on fundraising jobs.
AFP Ottawa vs. Idealist:
While Idealist assists job seekers in the nonprofit sector find employment, AFP Ottawa only assists fundraisers in their job search. While AFP Ottawa only advertises job posts in the Ottawa region, Idealist has a global reach with the majority of their site visitors coming from the U.S. Idealist does not have offices in Canada.
News & Activity:
News or Activity
October 8, 2020
June 3, 2020
What is the AFP Ottawa?
The Association of Fundraising Professionals Ottawa is an organization aimed at improving diversity in the fundraising industry. They are a group of individuals and organizations wishing to improve the livelihoods of communities across the globe.
How much does it cost to post a job on AFP Ottawa?
Posting a job on AFP Ottawa's job board will cost members C$200.00, while nonmembers will pay C$300.00
How do you post a job on AFP Ottawa?
To post a job on AFP Ottawa, send the job description and salary scale along with your organization's logo to the Chapter Administrator.
Do you have to be a member to post on AFP Ottawa?
No, you don't have to be a member, but it is cheaper for members to post vacancies on the AFP Ottawa job board.