Number of Days Featured
5 Job Listings
Job of the Week
10 Job Listings
Above the Law has very high fees to post on their site, despite their job posts being sparse. There are ample resources available for law professionals with a directory of firms. While employers are able to post legal jobs based in Canada, there aren't any Canadian jobs being advertised on the site at the moment.
- Canadian employers can reach an international audience of legal professionals.
- Listings are sorted by level of qualification, city, and job type.
- There is a resource center with tips for employers as well as law professionals.
- There is a directory for firms and law schools with detailed information about revenue and client ratings.
- The site features a list of the top law firms that was last updated in 2018, showing that the site has neglected some of its areas of information.
- Pricing in USD only.
- There is also a lack of information about the site's audience size, which influences whether a company might want to list jobs on the site. A quick look at the number of job posts per city shows that there are not many vacancies posted.
- The cost to post jobs on this site is incredibly high, especially given that there is no information about their audience size.
- There are no Canadian vacancies advertised on the platform.
- Indeed and Monster are likely to be better options for finding legal professionals to hire in Canada.
- There is no readily available Canadian pricing information.
There are no online reviews of Above the Law's job listings service. However, over 70,000 people follow the Above the Law Facebook page and the page has almost 67,000 likes. Above the Law's parent company, Break Media Inc. is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau. It does have a BBB profile and there are no complaints against the company.
How to Post a Job on Above the Law:
Four easy steps for posting a job on Above the Law.
Posting a Job on Above the Law.
Go to abovethelaw.com.
Go to the Above the Law Canada home page.
Click on "Job Listings."
Hover over "CAREER CENTER" to open a dropdown menu. From the menu, select "Job Listings."
Select "POST A JOB."
The "POST A JOB" button is easy to find. It's highlighted in blue on the right side of the page.
Fill in your job details.
Add the specifications of your job post on this page. Include things like the title, description, category, location, and more. When you're done, click "PREVIEW" before submitting your job post.
Above the Law
Starting at US$200.00.
Law firm directory
Law school directory
Filters for location and job type
Above the Law vs. Indeed:
Indeed is a great way to reach a wide audience for free. Posts last 30 days. Above the Law has the potential to reach legal professionals specifically and job posts last for 45 days. However, it is uncertain how big a reach Above the Law has in Canada and a standard post costs US$200.00.
Above the Law vs. Monster:
For C$299.00 a month, Monster is not a bad option. It leverages local news sites to increase reach and offers features that help employers connect with candidates. Above the Law could potentially reach the legal job market in Canada but does not seem to have a solid foothold there, making the US$200.00 price tag a bit steep.
Above the Law vs. Jobs.ca:
Above the Law and Jobs.ca, both reach niche audiences. Jobs.ca is more expensive at C$325.00 a job post and offers few features more than having job posts in both English and French, but Above the Law does not seem to be very well established in Canada making its US$200.00 a post cheaper but of less value.
What does it cost to post on Above the Law?
Above the Law's pricing starts at US$200.00 for a post that is featured for 45 days.
Is Above the Law worth the money?
Because the site has not released information about its monthly user numbers, it is unclear whether the price for posting is justified. There are also no Canadian vacancies being advertised, which suggests Above the Law hasn't achieved much reach or impact in the region.
Is Above the Law legit?
Yes, Above the Law is a legitimate legal job board and law news website.
What is Above the Law Canada?
Above the Law Canada is a legal news website employers can use to post legal job listings.