Talent directory access
Job ad distribution
Social media promotion
Applicant tracking tools
WorkNOLA is a New Orleans-based job board that connects employers with candidates in a wide range of industries, such as finance, HR, healthcare, marketing, and more. The platform allows users to proactively search its talent directory, and listings are shared to the site's social media pages for added exposure.
Thanks to its free job posting service, WorkNOLA is a valuable choice for local employers on a tight budget. However, the platform is not as feature-rich as its rival platform NOLA.com job board, lacking applicant tracking tools and job ad distribution.
- WorkNOLA allows users to post vacancies free of charge.
- The job board features a searchable talent directory of local candidates.
- Employers can add their job fair and recruitment event information to the website.
- The job posting process is quick and easy.
- Employers gain access to a user dashboard from which they can manage listings and applications.
- Vacancies are shared to the platform's social media pages for increased visibility.
- Employers can add their company logo to job posts to aid brand awareness.
- The site has a skills rating system to help employers find suitable job seekers.
- WorkNOLA does not offer applicant tracking or candidate matching tools.
- Listings aren't shared to other job boards.
We were unable to find any online reviews of WorkNOLA.
WorkNOLA offers a free job posting service.
How to Post a Job on WorkNOLA:
Three easy steps for posting a job on WorkNOLA.
Posting a job on WorkNOLA.
Click on "Post A Job."
You'll find this button in the top menu bar of WorkNOLA's home page.
Create an employer account.
Select the tab "I'm an Employer" and complete the online registration form. Then, click on "Create New Account."
On the next page, sign in to your account.
Create your listing.
From your dashboard, click on the orange button that reads "Post A New Job" on the left-hand side. Then, fill out the online form with your job post's details, including the title, description, and location. Once complete, click on "Save and Review."
Review your listing for accuracy and click on the blue button that reads "Post This Job" to activate your post.
WorkNOLA vs. NOLA.com Job Board:
WorkNOLA and the NOLA.com both advertise general vacancies throughout New Orleans. While WorkNOLA is a free job posting service, the NOLA.com job board charges $450.00 per post, making it the costlier option. However, for the higher price tag, users benefit from applicant tracking tools and job ad distribution.
WorkNOLA vs. Craigslist:
While WorkNOLA allows employers to advertise listings free of charge, Craigslist charges $25.00 for a New Orleans-specific job post. Each job board has unique standout features — WorkNOLA offers social media promotion and employer branding, while only Craigslist has a searchable resume database.
WorkNOLA vs. Indeed:
Indeed is a well-known job board that lists a wide range of general vacancies both locally and internationally. By contrast, WorkNOLA may be the better option for employers in search of New Orleans-based talent. Both sites have a free job posting option, but only Indeed offers paid sponsored posts for added visibility.
Greater New Orleans, Inc.
Jan 01, 2011
New Orleans, LA