From £245.00 /post.
For volunteer positions only.
Social media promotion
Phone and email.
Founded in 2000, CharityJob has over 20 years of recruitment experience in the nonprofit, NGO, charity, and social enterprise sectors of the U.K. The platform's key features include candidate matching tools, social media promotion, and partner website syndication to offer employers maximum exposure.
Organizations can post volunteer positions for free and the platform offers a number of job posting plans, including discounted bulk packages, to suit different hiring needs. However, CharityJob is costlier than most competitors.
- Employers can post volunteer vacancies for free.
- The website receives roughly 800,000 views each month.
- Jobs ads can be promoted on the platform's social media channels.
- Job posts can be advertised on the National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) website for increased visibility.
- The Premium plan matches your job ad with the top 100 most relevant candidates.
- The platform features a number of job ad enhancements for increased exposure.
- CharityJob offers a number of discounted bulk job posting plans for large-scale hiring.
- The platform features a quick and easy job posting process.
- Job seekers can filter jobs by cause, contract type, and location to connect with suitable employers.
- There is no free job posting option for non-volunteer positions.
- The platform is costlier than competitors, such as Third Sector Jobs and Goodmoves.
User reviews on Trustpilot were mostly positive, with the platform receiving a 4.4-star rating based on over 20 reviews. Users cited the quality of candidates, customer support, and the platform's efficiency as highlights. The only downside for users was the costly price point.
Add on: NCVO website listing
Add on: LinkedIn website listing
*CharityJob offers a number of discounted bulk job posting plans and job ad enhancements for increased exposure.
How to Post a Job on CharityJob:
Eight easy steps for posting a job on CharityJob.
Posting a job on CharityJob.
Navigate to the CharityJob home page.
From the home page, click on "Are you recruiting?" in the top menu bar. On the next page, click on "Sign-In" in the top-right corner of the page.
Register your account.
On the next page, click on "Register" toward the bottom of the page. Fill out the online form with your details and click on "Continue." Fill in your organization details on the next page and click on "Register."
Follow the email link to verify your account.
Sign in to your account.
Select a job posting package.
Review the job posting plans and select one that best suits your budget and hiring needs by clicking on the corresponding "Select" button.
Create your job post.
Fill out the online form with your vacancy details and click on "Next Step" in the top right corner of the page.
Add details about the application method.
Select an application method on the next page and click on "Next Step." Add more details about the application method, such as CV requirements and screening questions. Then, click on "Next Step."
Add supporting documents.
On the next page, upload any supporting documents for your job post. Upload your organization logo and click on "Next Step."
Select optional upgrades.
Review the optional upgrades to increase the reach of your job ad. Once complete, click on "Review & Confirm" in the top-right corner of the page.
Click on "Preview Ad" to review your job post.
Click on "Save Draft" to complete your job post at a later stage.
Complete the payment and post your job ad.
Fill out the form with your invoice details and click on "Save Changes" toward the bottom of the page. On the next page, click on "Pay Now" to complete the purchase.
Once the payment is complete, you job ad will be added to the CharityJobs website.
CharityJob vs. Third Sector Jobs:
Like CharityJob, Third Sector Jobs caters to the nonprofit and charity job market in the U.K. Both platforms offer candidate matching tools and social media promotion, but only Third Sector Jobs features a CV database of candidates. However, unlike Third Sector Jobs, CharityJob allows employers to post vacancies for free.
CharityJob vs. Goodmoves:
Goodmoves is a nonprofit job board that caters primarily to the Scottish job market, whereas CharityJob offers employers access to a much larger audience of professionals across the U.K. The platforms are similarly priced, but Goodmoves lacks an online job posting service and receives less website traffic than CharityJob.
CharityJob vs. Reed.co.uk:
Reed.co.uk is one of the U.K's most popular job boards and is more affordable than CharityJob, charging £89.00 +VAT per job post compared to CharityJob's price of £245.00 per post. However, Reed.co.uk is a general job board and CharityJob may offer nonprofit and charity employers access to a more targeted audience of professionals.
What is CharityJob?
CharityJob is a nonprofit job board that caters to the charity, NGO, nonprofit, and the volunteer job market in the U.K. Organizations can use the platform to advertise vacancies and connect with a range of professionals.
What does it cost to post a job on CharityJob?
CharityJob allows organizations to post volunteer vacancies for free. The paid plans start from £245.00 per job post.
How do I create an account on CharityJob?
- Go to the CharityJobs home page.
- Click on "Are you recruiting?" in the top menu bar.
- On the next page, click on "Sign-In" in the top-right corner of the page.
- Click on "Register" toward the bottom of the page.
- Fill out the online form with your details and click on "Continue."
- Fill in your organization details on the next page and click on "Register."
- Follow the email link to verify your account.