Job board syndication
Social media promotion
Phone and email.
SPC is a free job posting service that has two key benefits: it appeals to employers with limited hiring budgets and it is the only physical therapy job board in Canada with an emphasis on sport, making it useful for niche hiring.
However, its lack of a searchable resume database and candidate management tools, coupled with a small audience of job seekers and no promotions, makes the job board difficult to recommend.
- Posting a job on SPC is entirely free of charge.
- There are currently over 140 vacancies listed on the job board, indicating popularity with employers.
- The job board attracts physios from all sporting backgrounds, including rowing, volleyball, rugby, and more.
- All job posts are approved by SPC, ensuring that the job board is spam-free.
- The job board is a great place to recruit graduates for entry-level positions.
- Posting a job on Canadian Physiotherapy Association or PTjobs.com is significantly costlier.
- The company can be contacted via phone and email.
- A lack of candidate management tools makes it hard to streamline the hiring process.
- There is no candidate resume database for companies to search through.
- Job posts have a limited reach and are not shared on other job boards.
- SPC does not share listings on its social media accounts for added exposure.
- Job posts cannot be promoted for increased visibility.
- The website is not available in French.
SPC is a division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association, making it a credible and respected institution. However, we were unable to find reviews of their job board.
It is free to post jobs on Sport Physiotherapy Canada's website.
How to Post a Job on SPC:
Two easy steps for posting a job on Sport Physiotherapy Canada (SPC).
Posting a job on Sport Physiotherapy Canada (SPC).
Go to the SPC home page.
Navigate to sportphysio.ca and hover over the "Games Selection & Postings" option at the top of the page. In the drop-down menu, click on the "Submit a Job Posting" button.
Fill in the form.
The job posting template is very basic. All it requires is a title, job description, and expiration date. Fill in all the other fields and click on the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page to proceed.
Your job post will be reviewed by SPC before going live. The review time is unspecified, but look out for an email in the address you submitted.
Sport Physiotherapy Canada (SPC) vs. TherapyBC:
TherapyBC differs from SPC in two crucial ways: it is a general physical therapy job board while SPC is sports-oriented, and it only caters to British Columbia while SPC advertises across Canada. Both platforms offer free job posting and both lack recruitment tools such as a candidate resume database and distribution on bigger job boards.
Sport Physiotherapy Canada (SPC) vs. HealthJobsNationwide.com:
While SPC is free to list vacancies, HealthJobsNationwide.com charges employers US$299.00 per job post. HealthJobsNationwide.com offers advanced recruitment tools and a searchable candidate resume database for its higher price, but Canadian employers looking for sports physios are better off using SPC for their recruiting needs.
Sport Physiotherapy Canada (SPC) vs. Indeed:
Both Indeed and SPC let employers post jobs for free, but that is as far as the comparison goes. Indeed is a general job board but lists more sports physio jobs than SPC. Indeed also has a wider audience of job seekers, ways of promoting listings for increased visibility, a candidate resume database, applicant tracking tools, and more.
Sport Physiotherapy Canada (SPC)
Jan 01, 1972
955 Green Valley Cres., Ste. 270, Ottawa, ON K2C 3V4
What is Sport Physiotherapy Canada (SPC)?
Sport Physiotherapy Canada (SPC) belongs to the Canadian Physiotherapy Association and has a focus on physiotherapy for sports. It has a job board that lets employers connect with sports physical therapists across Canada.
What does it cost to post a job on Sport Physiotherapy Canada (SPC)?
It is entirely free to post a job on Sport Physiotherapy Canada (SPC).