There is no information provided on the cost of posting a job on the CERC job board. Interested employers can contact CERC for more information on its job posting fees.
The Community Employment Resource Centre (CERC) is a nonprofit organization aimed at empowering job seekers in the Ottawa region. They provide training as well as prepare new employees for employment.
Furthermore, CERC offers workshops and recruitment events where employers can meet potential employees, while they also provide a platform where job seekers and employers can connect.
- CERC makes hiring diverse candidates easy to do.
- Candidates are prescreened and are individually recommended for specific vacancies.
- The site hosts job and hiring fairs for employers to meet potential candidates.
- Employers save money on training new employees as CERC offers training and job preparation to new hires.
- The site links employers and potential employees through the Job Creation Partnerships work experience.
- CERC provides job grants to employers for staff training.
- The website is available in English and French.
- The organization gathers and distributes labor market trends and employment-related information to employers via email.
- No pricing information is available.
- Job postings need to be approved by CERC staff members before publishing them.
- No information is available on how long job posts take to appear on the CERC job board.
CERC received a 4.6 out of 5 stars rating on Facebook based on the opinions of more than 15 people. These reviewers rated the organization highly based on its service delivery.
How to Post a Job on the CERC Job Board:
Four easy steps for posting a job on the CERC job board.
Posting a job on the CERC job board.
Go to the home page.
Hover over "EMPLOYERS" in the home page's main menu. From the drop-down menu that appears, click on "POST A JOB."
Register as an employer.
Click "Register" or sign in if you already have an account.
Complete the form.
Fill in the registration form. Then, select "Register" at the bottom of the page.
Complete the job description.
On the "Post a Job" page, fill in the job posting form. The job posting will be verified by a CERC representative before it is published.
CERC Job Board vs. Ottawa Citizen Job Board:
The Ottawa Citizen Job Board posts job ads in its print and online editions, and on working.com, while CERC does not post jobs externally but hosts career fairs. CERC is a nonprofit that assists members of the Ottawa community with finding employment. CERC receives funding from the government, while Ottawa Citizen is privately owned.
CERC Job Board vs. AFP Ottawa Job Center:
Both CERC and AFP Ottawa are nonprofits. The AFP Ottawa job center allows employers in the fundraising industry to advertise job offerings on its site. CERC prescreens and recommends candidates for specific jobs, a service the AFP Ottawa job center does not offer. Both organizations promote race and gender equality in the workplace.
CERC Job Board vs. Eluta.ca:
Both Eluta.ca and the CERC job board cater to job seekers across industry sectors. However, unlike CERC, Eluta.ca does not offer much in terms of additional resources for job seekers and employers. While CERC's website is also available in French, it reaches a far smaller audience than Eluta.ca, catering only to job seekers in Ottawa.