No information is provided on the cost of posting a job on CERC's job board. Contact CERC for more information on their job posting fees.
The Community Employment Resource Centre (CERC) is a nonprofit organization aimed at empowering job seekers in the Ottawa region. They provide training as well as prepare new employees for employment.
Furthermore, CERC offers workshops and recruitment events where employers can meet potential employees, while they also provide a platform where job seekers and employers can connect.
- CERC makes hiring diverse candidates easy to do.
- Candidates are prescreened and are individually recommended for specific vacancies.
- The site hosts job and hiring fairs for employers to meet potential candidates.
- Employers save money on training new employees as CERC offers training and job preparation to new hires.
- The site links employers and potential employees through the Job Creation Partnerships work experience.
- CERC provides job grants to employers for staff training.
- The website is available in English and French.
- The organization gathers and distributes labor market trends and employment-related information to employers via email.
- No pricing information is available.
- Job postings need to be approved by CERC staff members before publishing them.
- No information is available on how long job posts take to appear on the job board.
CERC received a 4.2/5 star rating on Facebook based on the opinion of five people. These reviewers rated the organization highly based on its service delivery.
How to Post a Job on CERC:
Four easy steps to post a job on CERC.
Posting a Job on CERC.
Hover over "Employers."
Hover over "Employers" at the top of the home page. On the dropdown menu, click "Post a Job."
Register as an employer.
Click "Register" or sign in if you already have an account.
Complete the form.
Fill in the registration form. Then, select "Register" at the bottom of the page.
Complete the job description.
On the "Post a Job" page, fill in the job posting form. The job posting will be verified by a CERC representative before it is published.
CERC vs. Ottawa Citizen:
The Ottawa Citizen posts job ads in its print and online editions, and on working.com, while CERC does not post jobs externally but hosts career fairs. CERC is a nonprofit that assists members of the Ottawa community with finding employment. CERC receives funding from the government, while Ottawa Citizen is privately owned.
CERC vs. AFP Ottawa:
Both CERC and AFP Ottawa are nonprofits. AFP Ottawa allows employers in the fundraising industry to advertise job offerings on their site. CERC prescreens and recommends candidates for specific jobs, a service AFP Ottawa does not offer. Both organizations promote race and gender equality in the workplace.
CERC vs. Workopolis:
Both Workopolis and CERC are bilingual general job boards. With Workopolis, employers can sponsor their job posts for more exposure, while CERC does not offer this option. Workopolis offers applicant tracking and mobile recruiting through the Indeed job site, which CERC lacks.
What is CERC?
CERC is a nonprofit organization that hosts a job board where employers can advertise their vacancies. The organization also arranges career fairs and workshops where employers can connect with potential employees.
How do employers benefit from the Canada Ontario Job Grant paid to CERC?
The Canada Ontario Job Grant is part of the Canada-Ontario Job Fund Agreement and is a source of funding for employer-driven training initiatives aimed to help Ontarians acquire new skills that would improve their employability. CERC receives part of this grant to help employers train their staff.
What does it cost to post a job on CERC?
The website does not provide pricing information. To find out more about the job posting fees, contact the organization.
How do you create an account on CERC?
On the home page, click the "Employers" button. On the next page, complete the registration form and submit it. Your company details will then be registered on CERC.
How do you delete a job posting from the CERC job board?
To get more information on deleting a vacancy from the CERC job board, send an email to a CERC Ottawa agent.