Planning Institute Australia is a national organization with a niche job board for local planning professionals, offering a range of resources for both employers and job seekers in the industry.
While the site provides a relatively straightforward job posting process with key services like social media exposure and featured listings, it is costlier than some of its competitors, such as CO-architecture and Careersindesign.
- Planning Institute Australia primarily caters to job seekers in the local planning industry.
- The platform offers both a classic and premium job posting package to suit different budgets and hiring needs.
- Jobs are added to the fortnightly PIA Jobs E-bulletin, which has over 6,500 subscribers.
- Listings are shared to the site's social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- The premium package gives job posts prominent placement on the platform's website.
- Planning Institute Australia does not offer a free job posting option.
- The platform is more costly than some of its competitors.
- The site does not offer additional recruitment tools, such as an employer dashboard or branding services.
We were unable to find any online reviews of Planning Institute Australia's job board.
How to Post a Job on the PIA Employment Directory:
Posting a job on the PIA Employment Directory is simple. Follow the steps below to learn how.
Posting a Job on the PIA Employment Directory.
Read through the instructions for posting a job.
From the home page, hover over "Careers" in the main menu and click on "Advertise a Position." On the next page, read through the instructions for posting a job.
Planning Institute Australia (PIA) vs. CO-architecture:
PIA and CO-architecture both offer a basic range of recruitment tools, such as social media exposure and newsletter advertising. While there is some audience overlap, PIA primarily lists planning jobs, while CO-architecture lists architecture vacancies. Of the two, PIA is the costlier option, charging A$180.00 more than CO-architecture for a basic ad.
Planning Institute Australia (PIA) vs. Careersindesign:
Careersindesign is a local job board for planning and design professionals. While the site charges A$250.00 for its silver package, PIA's pricing starts at A$360.00 for a standard ad, making the former site more affordable. Both job boards offer social media exposure, but Careersindesign also lists jobs on various partner sites, which PIA doesn't.
Planning Institute Australia (PIA) vs. SEEK:
While PIA is a niche job board for planning and regulation job seekers, SEEK. The latter platform offers variable pricing depending on the individual vacancy, but PIA's pricing is set at A$360.00 for a basic ad. SEEK provides a range of recruitment tools, such as a resume database, applicant tracking, and email scheduling, which PIA lacks.
How do I post a job on Planning Institute Australia?
To place an ad on the PIA employment directory, call (02) 6262 5933 or email email@example.com. You may complete the advertising request form available on the website.
How can I create a Planning Institute Australia account?
If you would like to become a member of the Planning Institute Australia, go to planning.org.au and select the "Membership" tab to read about the various membership options available.
How will my Planning Institute Australia ad look?
The PIA will try to replicate the style and layout of your original ad when it is placed on the site. Your job posting will be placed online within an hour of the information being received and will remain live until the closing date, or one month from the date of placement.
What do I have to submit to have my ad placed?
- Your job posting in Word format.
- Your company logo must be suitable for web and not more than 400 pixels wide.
- Include your contact details and social media handle in the email to assist with promoting your vacancy on the PIA's social media networks.
How do I become a registered planner?
- Candidate Membership.
- Log work experience.
- Complete a Ethics and Professional course.
- Complete the Professional Examination.
What does a town planner do in Australia?
A qualified planner creates land use plans that help develop communities, adjust to population growth, and upgrade physical facilities in towns, cities, and states.