Basic 30 Day Job Posting
Premium 30 Day Posting + Job Flash Email
Single Resume Purchase
*Members of the Law Institute of Victoria receive a 20% discount on job posts when they apply their members-only discount code at checkout. Members should sign in to their account to access the discount code.
**All pricing includes GST.
Powered by the Law Institute of Victoria (LIV), Legal Careers advertises a wide range of legal positions at all career levels. The platform provides the law community of the province with practice support, accreditation, publications, local industry news, and networking opportunities.
Legal Careers gives employers access to a targeted network of over 1,000 legal professionals. The site features a simple job posting process and recruitment services such as promoted listings, email advertising, and resume searches.
- Legal Careers lets employers post locum positions for free.
- Employers can browse the site’s resume database to connect with candidates.
- LIV members receive discounted rates on job postings.
- The "Premium" package adds jobs to the site’s home page and sends vacancies to job seekers via weekly email alerts.
- Employers can add their company profile to the site for added exposure.
- The platform features a dashboard from which employers can post listings and manage job applicants.
- The site offers several job post upgrades for increased visibility.
- Employers can add job posting templates to their accounts for later use.
- Legal Careers does not offer bulk job posting packages.
- The platform does not feature an applicant tracking system.
- Listings are not shared to other job boards.
We were unable to find any online reviews of Legal Careers.
How to Post a Job on Legal Careers:
Five easy steps for posting a job on Legal Careers.
Posting a Job on Legal Careers.
Start the job posting process.
Navigate to Legal Careers’ home page. Then, hover over "EMPLOYERS" and select "Post a Job."
Create an account.
Fill out the online registration form labeled "New Users Create an Account." Once you’re done, select "Create My Account."
Fill out the job posting form.
Check the box to select your preferred job posting package and scroll down the page. Fill out the job posting form with details about your listing, such as the title, description, and location. Once you're done, click on "Continue."
Add upgrades to your job post.
Check the boxes of the upgrades you’d like to add to your listing and click on "Add Upgrades." To skip this step, click on "No Thanks."
Review and finalize your order.
Ensure that you’ve selected the correct job posting package. Then, add your billing information and select "Pay by Credit Card" to pay for your job post.
You can also pay for your job post by cheque or invoice by selecting "Pay by Cheque / Invoice."
Once your payment has been processed, your job post will go live on the site.
Legal Careers vs. The College of Law:
The College of Law is a niche job board geared toward students and early-career law professionals throughout Australia. In comparison, Legal Careers posts law jobs at all career levels and primarily serves the province of Victoria. Both platforms have a free job posting option, but Legal Careers' basic listing costs A$120.00 +GST.
Legal Careers vs. Legal Jobs:
Unlike Legal Careers, Legal Jobs does not have a free job posting option. At A$132.00 per post, Legal Careers' paid plans also have a lower starting price than Legal Jobs, which has a starting price of A$249.00 +GST per post. While the latter offers a longer job post duration of up to 60 days, it lacks a resume database, which Legal Careers offers.
Legal Careers vs. SEEK:
SEEK is a popular Australian job site that caters to all industries. Comparatively, Legal Careers primarily advertises law vacancies, and has a smaller reach than the former, with only 1,000 registered job seekers. Both platforms offer resume searches, but SEEK also features an applicant tracking system.
Law Institute of Victoria
Lvl. 13, 140 William St., Melbourne VIC 3000
What is Legal Careers?
Legal Careers is the career center of the Law Institute of Victoria. The platform offers a range of recruitment solutions to help employers connect with law professionals throughout the province.
What does it cost to post a job on Legal Careers?
Legal Careers’ pricing starts at A$120.00 for a basic job posting. The platform also offers a premium listing, as well as resume purchases and various job post upgrades.
How do I create a Legal Careers account?
- Navigate to Legal Careers’ home page.
- Hover over "SIGN-IN OR CREATE ACCOUNT" in the top-right corner and select "Employer."
- Fill out the online form labeled "New Users Create an Account."
- Click on "Create My Account."
How do I delete a job post on Legal Careers?
- Sign in to your account.
- Under "Active Jobs," select the job you’d like to remove.
- Click on "delete."