From US$115.00 /post.
Social media promotion
Job ad distribution
Resume database access
Candidate matching tools
Since 2013, Conservation Careers has been connecting employers with qualified environmental and conservation professionals across the globe. Job posts are shared to the platforms social media channels and network of partner websites to maximize the exposure of job ads.
While the platform does not offer a free job posting option, its plans are competitively priced and employers have access to a specialized audience of environmental and conservation professionals. However, pricing is not available in Australian dollars and there are no local customer support channels.
- The site has over 15,000 conservation jobs, volunteer, and internship positions currently being advertised.
- Employers can select the level of job seekers they are looking to hire, including early-, mid-, and senior-level positions.
- The site provides additional career support for employers, including application reviews.
- Conservation Careers allows job seekers to search for positions by keyword, location, and category.
- The site provides additional resources such as guides, videos, and advice.
- Employers' job posts can reach up to 11,000 candidates in Australia.
- The site is used by some of the largest conservation organizations in the world, such as the WWF and BirdLife International.
- Conservation Careers promotes jobs via its social media channels and weekly emails.
- The site advertises positions posted through their job board on their partner websites.
- There is no free job posting option.
- Pricing is only available in U.S. dollars, pound sterling, and euros.
- The platform lacks applicant tracking and candidate matching tools.
- There are no local customer support channels in Australia.
While we were unable to find any online reviews of Conservation Careers, it has a page of handpicked testimonials on its website with positive reviews of their past placements and job advertising successes.
*The platform also offers bulk website, broadcast, and annual job posting packs. Interested users should email the company for more information.
**Charities with less than 25 staff members receive a discount on all posting packages.
How to Post a Job on Conservation Careers:
Four easy steps for posting a job on Conservation Careers.
Posting a job on Conservation Careers.
Go to Conservation Careers' website.
From the home page, click on "Advertise" in the top-right corner.
Select a job posting plan.
Scroll down the page until you find the heading "CHOOSE YOUR PACKAGE." Then, click on "Post Listing" under your chosen plan.
Add your listing's details.
Add your email address to the top of the online form and create a password for your account. Then, fill out all the required fields with your job post's details, such as the job title, location, type, and description. Once you're done, click on "PREVIEW."
To save your listing and come back later, click on "SAVE DRAFT."
Preview your listing to ensure all information provided is correct. Then, in the top-right corner, click on "CHOOSE A PACKAGE."
Select your preferred posting package and click on "SUBMIT."
Finalize your order.
To purchase your listing, add your billing information to the online form and click on "PLACE ORDER."
Once your payment has been processed, your job post will go live on the site.
Conservation Careers vs. EthicalJobs.com.au:
EthicalJobs.com.au caters to the Australian job market, making it the better option for local hiring. However, Conservation Careers has a strong presence in Australia and offers increased exposure through social media promotion. EthicalJobs.com.au charges A$160.00 +GST per post, while Conservation Careers charges US$115.00 per post.
Conservation Careers vs. NRMjobs:
Of the two, NRMjobs is slightly costlier than Conservation Careers, charging A$165.00 per post. NRMjobs is based in Australia and offers local customer support, which Conservation Careers lacks. However, the latter has a much larger audience and offers employers greater exposure through job ad distribution.
Conservation Careers vs. Environmental Jobs Network:
Although Environmental Jobs Network is a much smaller platform than Conservation Careers, it may offer employers access to a more targeted audience of local professionals. Both platforms feature social media promotion, but Conservation Careers is the better option for reaching a global audience of environmental professionals.