Single Job Listing
Premium Job Listing
Connect Web Pack
Social Media Package
Stand-Out Web Pack
Ophthalmic Nurse Adverts
£250.00 +VAT /post.
Optician Jobs is a niche job posting site that advertises optometry vacancies throughout the U.K. The platform provides job seekers with a host of career resources and employers with various hiring tools to simplify the recruitment process.
While Optician Jobs gives employers access to a pool of more than 16,000 optical professionals, the job board is costly compared to other niche job sites, such as Optometry Today Jobs and The College of Optometrists. The site also lacks candidate matching and job post syndication.
- Optician Jobs caters exclusively to optical professionals in the U.K.
- More than 16,000 job seekers visit the site every month.
- Prominent companies, such as Specsavers, OpticalExpress, and Vivid Optical have used the job board to hire talent.
- The platform offers a range of job posting packages to suit different hiring needs.
- Listings are sent to over 25,000 candidates via email alerts.
- Employers can upgrade their job post to be highlighted in the site's search results pages.
- Some of the advanced posting packages include social media promotion and exposure on the site's home page.
- The "Multi-Platform Package" includes a quarter-page advert in Optician magazine.
- Employers can add their company logo to their job posts for increased brand awareness.
- Unlike its competitors, Optician Jobs does not offer a free job posting option.
- Listings aren't shared to other job boards.
- Only the advanced posting packages include targeted email alerts and featured listings.
We were unable to find any online reviews of Optician Jobs.
How to Post a Job on Optician Jobs:
Six easy steps for posting a job on Optician Jobs.
Posting a Job on Optician Jobs.
Go to Optician Jobs' home page.
From the home page, click on "Post jobs" in the top-right corner.
Create an account.
Under the heading "Advertising now from just £499," click on "Register your new recruiter account." Fill out the online form with your company details and click on "Create an account."
To activate your account, click on the verification link sent to your email.
Choose a job posting plan.
From your dashboard, click on "Advertise a job" toward the left-hand side of the top banner. Then, choose a job posting package that suits your hiring needs and click on "Advertise now" under the applicable heading.
Create your listing.
Fill out the online form with information about the job you'd like to post, such as the title, location, and sector. Once you're done, click on "Save and continue."
Review your job post.
On the next page, click on "Preview this job" to see what your listing will look like live. To make changes to the post, click on "Continue editing."
To add supporting documents to the post, click on "Add supporting documents."
To skip this step, click on "Go straight to basket."
You'll be presented with two job post upgrades. Check the box of the upgrades you'd like to purchase or leave them blank. Then, click on "Continue to basket."
Ensure that you've selected the correct job posting package and click on "Checkout."
Finalize your order.
On the next page, click on "Pay online" and then select "Continue to payment" to purchase your job post through the site's secure payment page, WorldPay.
Once your payment has been processed, your listing will go live on the site.
Optician Jobs vs. Optometry Today Jobs:
Similar to Optician Jobs, Optometry Today Jobs advertises positions in the U.K.'s optometry sector. While Optometry Today Jobs is a free job posting service, Optician Jobs charges £499.00 +VAT for a single listing. It is, however, more feature-rich than Optometry Today Jobs, offering featured listings and social media promotion.
Optician Jobs vs. The College of Optometrists:
While The College of Optometrists features a host of industry resources, it does not offer the same hiring tools as Optician Jobs, lacking featured listings, social media promotion, and employer branding. It does, however, offer a free job posting service, whereas Optician Jobs only has paid posting plans.
Optician Jobs vs. Reed.co.uk:
Reed.co.uk is a popular job board that advertises a wide variety of general vacancies. In comparison, Optician Jobs primarily caters to the local optometry industry, which might be the better option for targeted hiring. While Reed.co.uk charges £150.00 +VAT for a premium job, Optician Jobs' single listing costs £499.00 +VAT.
What is Optician Jobs?
Optician Jobs is a niche job board that connects employers with optical professionals throughout the U.K.
What does it cost to post a job on Optician Jobs?
Optician Jobs' pricing starts from £499.00 +VAT for a single listing. Several enhanced job posting packages are also available.
How do I create an account on Optician Jobs?
- Navigate to the Optician Jobs home page.
- Click on "Post jobs" and on the next page, select "Create an account" toward the top-right corner.
- Fill out the online form and click on "Create an account."
How do I delete my job post from Optician Jobs?
- Sign in to your account.
- Click on "Your jobs."
- Choose the job you'd like to remove and click on "Delete."