Social Media editors, also known as social media managers, curate and maintain a brand's digital image and social media presence. They work closely with designers, copywriters, and content creators to produce engaging social media content and advertisements. They also track social media analytics to inform the digital marketing strategy.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Social Media Editor Job Description Template
We are looking for an engaging social media editor to develop and maintain our brand's social media presence. In this role, you will be required to develop content and marketing strategies, track user engagement and activity, and ensure consistency in the brand's digital tone and image.
To ensure success as a social media editor, you should have a keen eye for detail and experience with a variety of social media networks. A skilled social media editor should be able to effectively interpret analytics and implement social strategies that result in increased sales.
Social Media Editor Responsibilities:
- Meeting with the marketing team to brainstorm and define the advertising strategy and requirements.
- Developing and maintaining a consistent brand tone, image, and style online.
- Designing social media marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Working with graphic designers, copywriters, content creators, and influencers to create engaging social content.
- Reviewing, proofreading, and editing completed work before posting.
- Determining the optimal times to post content and managing the scheduling tools.
- Coordinating the design and writing teams to ensure the timeous delivery of content.
- Reviewing and interpreting social analytics to measure and guide the effectiveness of marketing strategies.
- Generating analytic reports and social media feedback for presentation and review.
- Keeping abreast of industry and consumer trends, advancements in technology, and new social media platforms and tools.
Social Media Editor Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's degree in advertising, marketing, or communications preferred.
- A minimum of three years of experience as a social media editor or similar.
- Good knowledge of social scheduling and analytics tools such as Hootsuite, Google Analytics, and Buffer.
- Familiarity with all major social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat, and YouTube.
- Strong design knowledge and proficiency in design tools such as Photoshop and Canva is advantageous.
- Exceptional sales and marketing abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly engaging, versatile, and adaptable.
- The ability to keep up with industry trends and new social networks.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources