Also known as social media managers, social media directors plan social media strategies on behalf of a company in order to achieve a set of goals. Social media directors are responsible for creating content, scheduling posts, and monitoring social media metrics.
Social Media Director Job Description Template
We are looking for a strategically-minded social media director to be responsible for creating social media plans and timelines. The social media director's responsibilities include meeting with clients to assess their needs, developing content for social media, and creating a posting schedule.
To be successful as a social media director, you should remain informed about SEO best practices, image editing software, and social media trends. A top-notch social media director should know how to promote a company based on the latest social media tools as well as what would suit the atmosphere of the brand.
Social Media Director Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients to discuss their goals.
- Researching the client's brand to become familiar with their identity.
- Creating content for the client.
- Setting up a posting schedule for all content.
- Updating social media accounts with new images when needed.
- Monitoring social media metrics.
- Researching target markets to adapt content accordingly.
Social Media Director Requirements:
- A degree in media or training in social media.
- Knowledge of social media scheduling software.
- Familiarity with monitoring metrics.
- Experience with Photoshop (proficiency preferred).
- A professional demeanor when talking to clients.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Outstanding written communication skills.