What you really want in a social media manager is someone with multiple abilities.
They need to be able to create all types of content, understand customer service, have a knack for schmoozing with influential people, a good sense of humor, an ability to analyze data, be good leaders, understand the nuances of each social media channel… the list goes on.
Essentially, they should be able to unify your social presence and get it on message, figure out what the important metrics are and track, make and report progress on those metrics.
Metrics could include increasing customers, job applicants, brand recognition, customer service response and more.
Social Media Manager Job Description Template
Come work at our company where you can make a difference as a Social Media Manager! You will be in charge of representing our company by building a social media presence for our brands. Run social media advertising campaigns and drive engagement by creating high-quality original written and visual content. Engage influencers, manage our community by responding to comments, and oversee our customer service platform on social media.
Social media marketing experience will be essential if you want to succeed in this role. Experience working with and developing a marketing plan is also a plus.
Social Media Manager Responsibilities:
- Creating high-quality original written and visual content for a social media campaign.
- Build a social media presence.
- Coaching employees company-wide on content creation best practices.
- Running company social media advertising campaigns.
- Overseeing customer service provided via social media.
- Monitoring company brand and building brand awareness on social media.
- Analyzing data.
- Responding to comments on social media.
- Engaging influencers.
- Be a community manager.
- Able to develop the right voice for each social media platform.
Social Media Manager Requirements:
- Social media marketing experience.
- Experience developing a social media strategy.
- Experience working with and developing a marketing plan.
- Proven ability to build a social media community.
- Understanding of graphic design principles.
- Experience as a brand manager on social media.
- Understand how to measure the success of campaigns.