A marketing director is responsible for providing direction, guidance and leadership to a marketing department. They typically manage marketing of a business, organization, particular product or group of products.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Marketing Director Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a Marketing Director who will be in charge of leading our company's marketing efforts. As a successful hire, you will be responsible for providing guidance to our marketing department by evaluating and developing marketing strategies, planning and coordinating marketing efforts, communicating the marketing plans to those involved, and building awareness and positioning for our company's brands. You will also be working closely with our sales department to develop a pricing strategy that will help us maximize profits and market share. Finally, you will be in charge of organizing company conferences, trade shows, and major events.
To be considered for this position, you will need a bachelor's degree in business, marketing or communications. You will also need to have proven experience in running a marketing team and marketing campaigns. High competency in project and stakeholder management is a huge advantage.
Marketing Director Responsibilities:
- Overseeing marketing department.
- Evaluating and developing our marketing strategy and marketing plan.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating marketing efforts.
- Communicating the marketing plan.
- Researching demand for our products and services.
- Competitor research.
- Working with sales department to develop pricing strategies to maximize profits and market share while balancing customer satisfaction.
- Identifying potential customers.
- Developing promotions with advertising managers.
- Understanding and developing budgets and finance, including expenditures, research and development appropriations, return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Compiling lists describing our offerings.
- Developing and managing advertising campaigns.
- Building brand awareness and positioning.
- Supporting sales and lead generation efforts.
- Coordinating marketing projects from start to finish.
- Organizing company conferences, trade shows, and major events.
- Overseeing social media marketing strategy and content marketing.
Marketing Director Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field.
- Experience in marketing and running a marketing team.
- Proven marketing campaign experience.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Strong copywriting skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage budgets.
- Professional and proactive work ethic.
- High competence in project and stakeholder management.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with digital marketing forms such as social media marketing and content marketing.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Marketing Director FAQ:
What is a marketing director?
The marketing director leads and guides the efforts of the marketing department. Marketing director duties might include overseeing assigned accounts or the entire marketing department, monitoring and evaluating project activities and results, and directing research efforts. As you attempt to fill your marketing director role, try to create a marketing director job description and responsibilities list that reflects the specific needs and requirements of your business.
May I edit or add to your marketing director description?
When you post a marketing director job, you should provide details about the role at your company and the qualifications you’re looking for. Feel free to customize any section of our marketing director job description sample to get a job listing that meets your company’s needs.
What information should I include in my marketing director role description?
Your marketing director job listing should include information about the marketing director qualifications you’re looking for and the duties and responsibilities your next hire will be expected to handle. When you advertise a marketing director job, use your marketing director role description to provide details about your company’s needs and expectations, as well as the skills and qualities applicants will need to be successful.
Are there alternate job titles for the marketing director role?
Marketing directors may receive different titles based on the products or content types that manage. In order to attract applicants with the expertise you want, post a marketing director job listing with a descriptive or specific job title. Our marketing director job description template can be used to create a digital marketing director job description, a content marketing director job description, a social media marketing director job description, or any other title you’d like to use.
Do you have interview questions for a marketing director?
We have interview questions to go with all of our job descriptions.
After you have reviewed our marketing director responsibilities list and created a marketing director position description for your business, take a look at our marketing director interview questions to prepare for the next stage in your hiring process.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources