Copywriters craft textual content for public consumption. Successful candidates will be efficient, accurate writers who can generate high-quality, original copy. Avoid candidates who lack creativity or interpersonal skills.
Interview Questions for Copywriters
1. What has been your favorite project? Which was most challenging? Why?
Provides insight into candidate’s experience.
2. Describe your research and writing process. Discuss how this process has helped you in the past.
Reveals how applicant approaches a project.
3. How have you altered your writing to suit different demographics? What impact did these changes have?
Demonstrates ability to adapt writing to suit specific projects.
4. What is the biggest mistake you’ve made as a copywriter? How did you resolve the problem?
Shows problem-solving skill and accountability.
5. What do you like about our current content? How would you improve it?