A Music Editor's duties are related to sound engineering. Music Editors select, mix, and balance music and coordinate it with scenes in movies or music videos.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Music Editor Job Description Template
We are looking for a Music Editor to be responsible for editing and mixing music for audio-visual material. The responsibilities of a Music Editor include synchronizing music to scenes, creating sound effects, and creating the mood desired by the Director.
To be successful as a Music Editor, you should demonstrate good communication and teamwork skills, be highly creative, and be able to concentrate for long periods of time. Ultimately, a top-notch Music Editor should have the ability to take direction, create a balanced end product, and solve complex problems.
Music Editor Responsibilities:
- Synchronizing music to video content.
- Creating and compiling soundtracks.
- Creating original music.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest music from different genres.
- Collaborating with music professionals.
- Editing sound effects and music according to the Director's vision.
Music Editor Requirements:
- Qualification in Film Scoring, Music Production, Sound Engineering, or related field.
- Technical skill in mixing, scoring, and editing.
- A portfolio of previous work.
- A creative approach to music editing.
- A good ear for musical tones.
- The ability to balance audio and visuals effectively.
- The ability to take constructive criticism.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources