Disc Jockeys, also known as DJs, play musical recordings on radio shows, at nightclubs, and at public events. DJs mostly work for radio stations presenting programs, talks shows, and chart shows. They ensure musical recordings and advertisements are played on time and also interact with listeners through social media.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Disc Jockey Job Description Template
We are looking for a talented Disc Jockey to connect with listeners on our show. As a DJ, you will be responsible for engaging with listeners, queueing up playlists, presenting commercials, performing interviews, taking music requests, and generating interest in the show. You may also be required to MC public events and perform meet and greets.
To ensure success as a Disc Jockey, you should have a natural charisma, a passion for music, and the ability to connect with people. A top-notch DJ connects with listeners through engaging talk content and social interaction.
Disc Jockey Responsibilities:
- Reviewing the weekly and daily playlist.
- Ensuring music and commercials are played on schedule.
- Introducing weather, traffic, and news presenters.
- Taking music requests and engaging with listeners.
- Responding to social media interactions.
- Presenting on-air competitions.
- Interviewing guests.
- Presenting sponsored live events.
- Mixing and playing music at sponsored events.
- Presenting live on-air advertisements.
Disc Jockey Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Radio Journalism or similar field.
- Previous experience as a DJ.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of modern music trends.
- Good presenting skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of current affairs and world news.
- Ability to empathize with listeners.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources