Event Promoters raise awareness about gatherings such as music festivals, sports tournaments, and fairs. Events Promoters are typically employed on an ad hoc basis, with appointments usually lasting for short periods.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Event Promoter Job Description Template
We are searching for an outgoing, enthusiastic Event Promoter to join our team. The Event Promoter's responsibilities include studying the minutiae of each scheduled event, generating awareness within our target audience, and upselling. You will also be required to report on your progress at periodic intervals.
To be successful as an Event Promoter, you should exhibit excellent networking and sales skills. Ultimately, an outstanding Event Promoter will possess an existing, active canon of connections.
Event Promoter Responsibilities:
- Familiarizing yourself with the relevant details of each event, including scheduling and pricing.
- Establishing a network of connections on which you can draw, as needed.
- Using existing and novel informative tools to disseminate event-related details.
- Harnessing social media and in-person contact to spread awareness about events.
- Answering event-related queries posed by existing and prospective customers.
- Encouraging attendance at events by using appropriate sales and negotiation techniques.
- Persuading existing clients to upgrade or purchase additional features.
- Tracking your progress and reporting to your line manager, as requested.
Event Promoter Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior sales, advertising, or marketing experience.
- The capacity to create and distribute engaging, informative resources.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Top-notch interpersonal, networking, and negotiation abilities.
- Outstanding research skills.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources