Interview Questions for Sound Engineers:
1. Describe a time when you were required to think on your feet. How did this go?
Reveals more about the candidate, their problem-solving abilities, and stress management techniques.
2. Can you describe how you would set up equipment at a concert?
Demonstrates knowledge of role and safety precautions, and also highlights potential weaknesses.
3. Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult client. What did you learn?
Tests interpersonal, communication, and conflict-resolution skills, as well as a willingness to learn.
4. Describe a time you made a mistake. What happened?
Reveals level of accountability, problem-solving skills, and professionalism.
5. What would you regard as the most challenging part of Sound Engineering?
Reveals in-depth knowledge of trade, level of experience, and also highlights weaknesses.