Movie Producer Job Description Template
We are looking for movie producers, also known as film producers, with a knack for spotting great scripts, building talented teams, and managing budgets. Movie producers can expect to select scripts, assist in rewrites, handpick production team personnel including directors and actors, liaise with other producers, and report back to executive producers. Their other responsibilities include sourcing and securing financing, negotiating on behalf of the company, and seeing projects through to distribution.
Successful movie producers should be dedicated to finding, developing, and making high-quality movies under considerable pressure. Ideal candidates will be decisive, creative, driven individuals who have exceptional communication and problem-solving skills.
Movie Producer Responsibilities:
- Finding scripts or novels or other source materials.
- Employing directors, editing, and production staff.
- Sourcing and securing financing, and managing budgets.
- Pitching new ideas to potential investors.
- Casting actors.
- Creating and monitoring schedules.
- Advising and assisting directors.
- Reporting to executive producers.
- Reviewing the final edit.
Movie Producer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, film, acting, etc. beneficial.
- An impeccable portfolio.
- Several years' experience in the industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Drive and determination.