A movie producer, or film producer, manages the making of a movie. They plan and manage all aspects of the process from sourcing and choosing scripts to directing and editing, and they arrange the necessary financing.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Movie Producer Job Description Template
We are looking for movie producers, also known as film producers, with a knack for spotting great scripts, building talented teams, and managing budgets. Movie producers can expect to select scripts, assist in rewrites, handpick production team personnel including directors and actors, liaise with other producers, and report back to executive producers. Their other responsibilities include sourcing and securing financing, negotiating on behalf of the company, and seeing projects through to distribution.
Successful movie producers should be dedicated to finding, developing and making high-quality movies under considerable pressure. Ideal candidates will be decisive, creative, driven individuals who have exceptional communication and problem-solving skills.
Movie Producer Responsibilities:
- Finding scripts or novels or other source materials.
- Employing directors, editing and production staff.
- Sourcing and securing financing, and managing budgets.
- Pitching new ideas to potential investors.
- Casting actors.
- Creating and monitoring schedules.
- Advising and assisting directors.
- Reporting to executive producers.
- Reviewing the final edit.
Movie Producer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, film, acting etc. beneficial.
- An impeccable portfolio.
- Several years' experience in the industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Drive and determination.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources