Executive Producers are the chief orchestrators of film, television, music, broadcast journalism and radio programming. Their primary duties include securing funds for production, hiring staff and outlining a long-term working schedule.
Executive Producer Job Description Template
We are looking for highly organized candidates with extensive entertainment experience who know how to bring to life a creative vision. Executive Producers are responsible for recruiting and interviewing the appropriate staff, managing the daily affairs of cast and crew and cultivating a working environment that meets the needs of a long-term, collaborative project, among other duties.
Executive Producers will be skilled negotiators and should possess strong business and marketing skills to manage a production's commercial elements.
Executive Producer Responsibilities:
- Securing funding for production.
- Recruiting the appropriate staff.
- Outlining a long-term working timeline.
- Managing the daily affairs of cast and crew.
- Seeing the production through from conception to final cut.
- Outlining a budget and working within its limitations.
- Complying with industry and union regulations.
- Ensuring that the final product is of the highest quality.
- Approving all decisions on props, sets, scheduling changes, etc.
- Resolving internal conflict during production.
- Assisting in the marketing and promotion of the product.
Executive Producer Requirements:
- Degree in Film, Television or related field preferable.
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Experience in film, television, radio or journalism.
- Comfortable with delegation.
- Good multitasking ability.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Business and marketing mindset.