Executive Producers are the chief orchestrators of film, television, music, broadcast journalism and radio programming. Their primary duties include securing funds for production, hiring staff and outlining a long-term working schedule.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Executive Producer Job Description Template
We are looking for highly organized candidates with extensive entertainment experience who know how to bring to life a creative vision. Executive Producers are responsible for recruiting and interviewing the appropriate staff, managing the daily affairs of cast and crew and cultivating a working environment that meets the needs of a long-term, collaborative project, among other duties.
Executive Producers will be skilled negotiators and should possess strong business and marketing skills to manage a production's commercial elements.
Executive Producer Responsibilities:
- Securing funding for production.
- Recruiting the appropriate staff.
- Outlining a long-term working timeline.
- Managing the daily affairs of cast and crew.
- Seeing the production through from conception to final cut.
- Outlining a budget and working within its limitations.
- Complying with industry and union regulations.
- Ensuring that the final product is of the highest quality.
- Approving all decisions on props, sets, scheduling changes, etc.
- Resolving internal conflict during production.
- Assisting in the marketing and promotion of the product.
Executive Producer Requirements:
- Degree in Film, Television or related field preferable.
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Experience in film, television, radio or journalism.
- Comfortable with delegation.
- Good multitasking ability.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Business and marketing mindset.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources