An operations manager is key part of a management team and oversees high-level HR duties, such as attracting talent and setting training standards and hiring procedures. They also analyze and improve organizational processes, and work to improve quality, productivity and efficiency.
They are sometimes known as a chief operating officer, or COO.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Operations Manager Job Description Template
Our expanding company is seeking to hire an Operations Manager to join our leadership team. You will be in charge of providing inspired leadership for the operation for one of our organization's lines of business, which involves making important policy and strategic decisions, as well as the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures. You will also be assisting our Human Resources department with recruiting, when necessary, and help promote a company culture that encourages morale and performance.
Successful candidates will have a Bachelor's degree in operations management (or a related field) and have prior experience in a management or leadership position. A deep understanding of financial management is also a plus.
Operations Manager Responsibilities:
- Provide inspired leadership for the organization.
- Make important policy, planning, and strategy decisions.
- Develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures.
- Assist HR with recruiting when necessary.
- Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Oversee budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing.
- Work with senior stakeholders.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Work with the board of directors to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long-term goals.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
- Support worker communication with the management team.
Operations Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management or related field.
- Experience in management, operations, and leadership.
- Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash-flow management.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Solid understanding of financial management.
Operations Manager FAQ:
What is the role of an operations manager?
The roles and functions of operations managers vary between companies and departments. In general, operations managers specialize in one or more aspects of a business and oversee operations within their departments. You can add the key responsibilities of operations managers at your business to our operations manager position description to create a descriptive job advertisement.
Can I customize your operations manager job description template?
When you advertise an operation manager job, you should tell potential applicants about the operations manager education requirements, qualifications, and skill they will need to be successful at your company. Feel free to edit the operations manager role description above to create a job listing that explains more about your company’s needs.
What information should I include when I post an operations manager job?
When you create an operations manager jd, you should include information about the tasks and responsibilities of operations managers at your organization. Use our operations manager job description template to begin creating your custom operations manager advertisement.
Do you have sample interview questions for an operations manager?
We have interview questions to go with all of our job descriptions.
After you have reviewed our operations manager job description sample and created an ad for your job, feel free to look over our operations manager interview questions.