Interview Questions for Program Managers
1. How do you assess the merits of different projects, especially those outside of your area of expertise?
Reveals how projects are assessed.
2. Tell me about the most complex portfolio of projects you’ve managed. How did you do it?
Tests multitasking skills.
3. Describe your management style. Does it vary between different projects or departments?
Reveals more about management skills.
4. Have you had a project that failed? Why? How did you fix the problem?
Tests problem-solving skills.
5. How do you ensure that projects are aligned with the business' objectives?
Shows commitment to company goals.