Project Coordinator Job Description Template
Our growing company is seeking to hire a project coordinator who will be in charge of assisting our project managers in organizing our ongoing projects. This task involves monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
To be successful as a project coordinator, you will need to be able to work on tight deadlines, be competent in using Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel, and have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills. A bachelor's degree in a related field of study and at least three (3) years of relevant experience is required for consideration.
Project Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures.
- Organizing, attending, and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Determining project changes.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Developing project strategies.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
Project Coordinator Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field of study.
- Three years of experience in a related field.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
Project Coordinator FAQ:
What is a project coordinator?
Project coordinators help the project teams manage resources and information and assist with scheduling and planning meetings and project activities. The project coordinator role may include additional duties and responsibilities and require expertise in a specific area, such as IT or human resources.
Are there examples of job titles for project coordinators?
Project coordinators may have expertise or experience in specific areas and can be assigned to certain departments based on their qualifications. If you’d like to post a project coordinator job description that will attract candidates with specialized project coordinator skills, you should use a more specific job title. Some examples might include IT project coordinator or HR project coordinator.
May I customize the project coordinator job description?
When you advertise a project coordinator, you should include the project coordinator role description that works for your company. Edit or add to the project coordinator duties, responsibilities, and requirements above to create a post that fits your needs.
What information should I include when I post a project coordinator job?
Think about the role of the project coordinator at your company and include the skills and qualities you’d like to see in your next hire. Use our project coordinator job description template as a starting point and make the edits you need to get the project coordinator job listing you want.
Do you have some examples of interview questions for project coordinators?
We have interview questions for all of our job descriptions.