A program manager acts as a coordinator between multiple projects at a business or organization to be sure their benefiting each other and aligning with overall business goals. They are different from project managers because they do not directly over see individual projects.
Program Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a Project Manager to be responsible for organizing programs and activities for our organization. You will be tasked with developing programs to support the organization's strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals. You will also be in charge of developing budgets and operating plans for programs and writing program funding proposals.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have prior experience in both program management and team management. A Bachelor's degree is required.
Program Manager Responsibilities
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Creating and managing long-term goals.
- Developing a budget and operating plan for the program.
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Writing program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality and team member performance.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Analyzing program risks.
- Working on strategy with the marketing team.
Program Manager Requirements
- Bachelor degree or master degree in business or related field.
- Proven experience in program management.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Proven experience managing a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Understanding of project management.
Program Manager FAQ
What is a program manager?
The role of a program manager is to act as a coordinator for an organization’s projects. They supervise and organize activities and ensure that project goals align with the company’s objectives.
What is a program manager responsible for?
The program manager coordinates activities between multiple projects to ensure they align with the organization’s goals. The exact program manager duties may vary between companies and by department.
Can I customize the program manager role description?
You may customize the program management job description to reflect the skills, qualities, and level of experience you want in your next hire.
What are some common titles to use for the program manager role?
The job description for a program manager may vary to reflect his or her area of expertise. When you advertise a program manager job, you need to post a program manager job listing that reflects your specific needs. If you’re seeking someone to coordinate HR projects, you should post a human resources program manager job description. If you’re needing assistance in your IT department, you should create an IT program manager job description. To attract candidates from abroad, you could also post a programme manager job description.
Do have program manager interview questions?
We have interview questions for all of our job descriptions.
After you have created a program manager description, take a look at our program manager interview questions.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources