Office Manager Job Description Template:
Our company is looking to hire an office manager to be responsible for the general operation of our office. Duties will involve greeting visitors, answering incoming phone calls, purchasing office supplies and taking proper inventory, and supervising our office staff to ensure maximum productivity. You will also be required to create presentations and produce management-level reports.
To be a successful hire, you will need to have prior experience in office administration. You will also need to be proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel. A bachelor's degree is required.
Office Manager Responsibilities:
- Overseeing general office operation.
- Greeting visitors, answering a high-volume of incoming phone calls and delivering world-class service to our customers.
- Coordinating appointments and meetings and managing staff calendars and schedules.
- Supervising, mentoring, training, and coaching our office staff and delegating assignments to ensure maximum productivity.
- Coordinating domestic and international travel, including flight, hotel, and car rental reservations.
- Purchasing office supplies and equipment and maintaining proper stock levels.
- Producing reports, composing correspondence, and drafting new contracts.
- Creating presentations and other management-level reports.
Office Manager Requirements:
- A bachelor degree or equivalent.
- Five years of experience in office administration
- Office management experience.
- Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Office Manager FAQ:
What are the duties of an office manager?
The main goal of an office manager is to ensure that the office operates smoothly and efficiently. Office manager duties and responsibilities usually include overseeing administrative staff members, receiving and directing visitors, and handling or delegating basic office tasks.
Can I customize your office manager job posting sample?
When you advertise an office manager job, we encourage you to include details about what the position is like at your business. Feel free to edit or expand on any section of our office manager job description sample to get the office manager role description you want.
What is another term for office managers?
Candidates looking for office manager positions may also search for business office manager or administrative services manager positions. Try mentioning additional job titles in your office manager job posting to help potential applicants find your listing.
What information should I include in my office manager job posting?
When you create your job listing, remember that it should help candidates understand the office manager job requirements at your company. Provide details about the office manager education requirements, desired skills, and assigned duties to ensure you attract candidates who will be a good fit for your team. Begin adding your specifications to our office manager job description template when you post an office manager job to get a professional looking, informative job listing.
Do you have interview questions for office managers?
We have interview questions to go with all of our job descriptions.