An Assistant Manager is usually responsible for scheduling employees, training new employees, and hiring new employees. Depending on the industry they may also be asked to handle escalated customer complaints as they often work in a customer facing role.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Assistant Manager Job Description Template
We are searching for a new Assistant Manager to join our team who is interested in helping to hire and train other team members. You will also assist in making sure the team adheres to company policies, resolving customer complaints, leading the team, and organizing the team schedule.
To be a great fit for this role you should have a consistent work history and previous experience as a senior staff member or as an Assistant Manager. A passion for customer service and team mentoring is also a plus.
Assistant Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensuring company policies are followed.
- Optimizing profits by controlling costs.
- Hiring, training and developing new employees.
- Resolving customer issues to their overall satisfaction.
- Maintaining an overall management style that follows company best practices.
- Providing leadership and direction to all employees.
- Ensuring product quality and availability.
- Preparing and presenting employee reviews.
- Working closely with the store manager to lead staff.
- Overseeing retail inventory.
- Assisting customers whenever necessary.
- Organizing employee schedule.
- Ensuring that health, safety, and security rules are followed.
- Taking disciplinary action when necessary.
- Ensuring a consistent standard of customer service.
- Motivating employees and ensuring a focus on the mission.
- Maintaining merchandise and a visual plan.
- Maintaining stores to standards, including stocking and cleaning.
- Completing tasks assigned by the general manager accurately and efficiently.
- Supporting store manager as needed.
Assistant Manager Requirements:
- High school or equivalent education level.
- Stable work history.
- Must be self-motivated and possess the desire for self-development.
- Have the ability to work autonomously when required.
- Be a team player.
- Be dedicated to customer satisfaction and a great customer experience.
- Experience as an assistant store manager or with retail store management.
Assistant Manager FAQ:
What is the job of an assistant manager?
While assistant manager duties may vary a little between companies, the assistant manager tasks and responsibilities usually include supporting the store manager, hiring and training employees, and creating and managing shift schedules. Try using our assistant manager job description sample to begin creating a job listing for the role at your business.
What should I include in my assistant manager description?
As you prepare to post an assistant manager job, you should think about the skills and qualities you’d like to have in your next hire. You should also consider the assistant manager duties and responsibilities he or she will have to handle. To advertise an assistant manager job, you can use our description of an assistant manager and add the skills, duties, and qualifications your company needs to create a customized assistant manager job description.
Can I customize your description of an assistant manager?
We encourage you to add the assistant manager skills and duties your company needs to our assistant manager job description template. Create a custom list of assistant manager job requirements or edit our assistant manager role description to better fit your needs.
Do you have assistant manager interview questions?
We have interview questions to go with our assistant manager job description template.
After you’ve created your assistant manager job description, take a look at our assistant manager sample interview questions.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources