HR Managers direct a company’s human resources activities, such as recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, and motivating employees. Strong candidates will be organized and passionate about improving processes and the employee experience. Avoid those who lack communication, interpersonal, or time management skills.
Interview Questions for HR Managers
1. What is the most challenging aspect of HR? How do you handle this?
2. Describe some of the processes you’ve implemented/improved at other jobs. What impact did it have?
Reveals more about work history.
3. How do you handle coaching or firing employees and policy enforcement? Use experiences to support.
Tests ability to handle stress.
4. Which trends in benefits are you excited about? Why? What trends do you hope to see?
Shows industry awareness.
5. How do you ensure that you’re hiring and retaining top employees?
Tests hiring/coaching skills.
Post a HR Manager job ad to 100+ free job boards with one submission