Video Editors manipulate film and video footage to create a coherent and complete project that accurately depicts the film Directors envision. They use complex editing software to piece together stills, footage, sound effects, dialog, and animation effects.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Video Editor Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a talented and experienced Video Editor to join our busy production team. As a lead Video Editor, you will be responsible for assembling recorded film and video footage, applying artistic editing techniques, and creating finished, broadcast-worthy projects that accurately reflect the vision of the Production Director.
To ensure success as a Video Editor, you should have expert knowledge of modern video editing techniques, be able to visualize directorial concepts, and work according to a strict time schedule. Ultimately, a top-notch Video Editor can perfectly translate a Director's idea into a beautifully crafted film or video piece, worthy of broadcasting.
Video Editor Responsibilities:
- Meeting with the Director to determine production vision.
- Reviewing raw material to determine shot list.
- Manipulating film and video footage using modern editing techniques.
- Maintaining continuity while moving shots according to scene value.
- Trimming footage and putting together the rough project.
- Inserting dialog, sound effects, music, graphics, and special effects.
- Ensuring the project follows a logical sequence.
- Consulting with the Director and production team throughout the project.
- Creating the final cut for broadcasting.
Video Editor Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Film Studies, Cinematography or related field.
- Previous work experience as a Video Editor.
- Hands-on experience with editing software, including Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, and Premier.
- Creative and artistic skills.
- Familiarity with 3D composition and special effects.
- Portfolio of completed film productions.
- Ability to work to a tight schedule.
- Ability to translate ideas into complete projects.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources