Interview Questions for Video Editors:
1. As a video editor, whose work do you admire and why?
Indicates the aspirations and relative skills of the candidate.
2. What project are you most proud of and why?
Displays the candidate’s full set of skills and highlights their technical abilities.
3. How do you stay up to date on the latest Video Editing tools and trends?
Indicates a passion for the industry and the candidate’s willingness to further their skills.
4. How do you deal with a director who continually changes the project sequence?
Shows the candidate's willingness to follow instructions while still providing valuable input on continuity and overall production value.
5. What do you think is the most important role the video editor plays?
Indicates how the candidate values their position and highlights the role they play.