Video Editors are film industry professionals that piece together film and video footage to create broadcast-worthy projects that fully depict the vision of the Production Director. They use advanced editing software to add in dialogue, sound effects, animation, and visual effects.
When interviewing Video Editors, the most suitable candidate will display strong artistic skills, have a passion for the film or television industry, and be able to work according to strict deadlines. Be wary of candidates who cannot interpret other people’s ideas and anyone who cannot complete a project within a structured timeframe.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Video Editors:
1. As a Video Editor, whose work do you admire and why?
Indicates the aspirations and relative skills of the candidate.
2. What project are you most proud of and why?
Displays the candidate’s full set of skills and highlights their technical abilities.
3. How do you stay up to date on the latest Video Editing tools and trends?
Indicates a passion for the industry and the candidate’s willingness to further their skills.
4. How do you deal with a Director who continually changes the project sequence?
Shows the candidate's willingness to follow instructions while still providing valuable input on continuity and overall production value.
5. What do you think is the most important role the Video Editor plays?
Indicates how the candidate values their position and highlights the role they play.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources