Media Analyst Job Description Template
We are looking for an ambitious media analyst to conduct research on the publicity of a product or a service for our clients. In this role, you'll be required to compile data on the media coverage a product receives, and report your findings to the marketing and corporate executives of a company.
To ensure success as a media analyst, you should stay up-to-date with advertising trends and have excellent knowledge of media marketing strategies. Ultimately, an outstanding media analyst should be highly analytical and be able to filter and categorize information most critical for successful media campaigns.
Media Analyst Responsibilities:
- Tracking the media coverage of a product or service in print media, social media, and radio or TV advertisements.
- Designing and using research tools such as questionnaires, focus groups, and interview schedules to collect relevant information pertaining to a media campaign.
- Analyzing press releases, as well as broadcast coverage and assessing the effectiveness of the media campaign.
- Presenting monthly findings to the marketing and corporate executives of a company to discuss the results of a media campaign.
- Communicating with reporters and journalists about a certain product or service and garnering positive publicity.
- Working with clients to review their advertising efforts and point out strengths and weaknesses in their media campaign.
- Entering relevant marketing and media-related data into client databases.
- Keeping up-to-date with advertising trends, the media industry, as well as competitors in the same field or industry.
Media Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, public relations, or a related field.
- At least two years' experience working as a media analyst at a marketing agency, media company, or related organization.
- Advanced knowledge of media analytics and social media networking.
- A demonstrated interest in the media industry and its inner workings.
- An extensive portfolio of media campaigns that you have worked on.
- Ability to work well under pressure and navigate stressful situations.
- Exceptional organizational abilities.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work in a team environment.