Also known as PR Assistants, Public Relations Assistants help with the creation and management of positive public perceptions of their clients. They may provide general support to the public relations departments of organizations or to public relations firms.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Public Relations Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking for an outgoing and confident individual to join our team as a Public Relations Assistant. The responsibilities of the Public Relations Assistant include keeping calendars and media lists, participating in brainstorming sessions, and assisting with the organization and execution of PR events.
To be successful as a Public Relations Assistant, you should be creative with excellent communication and presentation skills. Ultimately, a top-notch Public Relations Assistant should have a passion for the PR industry and experience with copywriting, editing, and social media platforms.
Public Relations Assistant Responsibilities:
- Taking part in brainstorming sessions and suggesting innovative ideas.
- Assisting with the development and distribution of PR materials, including brochures, pamphlets, newsletters, and videos.
- Editing and proofreading social media content, videos, press releases, emails, and other communications about clients that will be sent to the public.
- Assisting with the organization and execution of various media and PR events.
- Managing PR materials, filing, copying, and performing other clerical tasks.
- Answering phones, responding to emails and inquiries, and performing other administrative tasks.
- Managing calendars and media lists.
- Maintaining the PR database, documenting media coverage, and tracking PR metrics.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with clients, stakeholders, media, and vendors.
Public Relations Assistant Requirements:
- A Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Communications, Public Relations, or a similar field.
- Good working knowledge of PR concepts and best practices.
- Experience with video production and editing.
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills.
- Experience with social media platforms.
- Outstanding computer skills, including experience with databases and design software.
- Strong communication, teamwork, and presentation skills.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and methods.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources