Public Relations Managers are responsible for creating and maintaining positive public images for clients by planning social media campaigns, organizing press conferences and negotiating advertising opportunities. Public Relations Managers also use analytics to gauge the success of campaigns.
When interviewing Public Relations Managers, the ideal candidate should have excellent planning and organizational skills. Be wary of candidates who have poor communication skills and fail to make professional connections.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Public Relations Managers:
1. Describe a time that you helped revamp a company’s image. Why was this necessary and what impact did it have?
Reveals more about work history.
2. How do you balance acting as a consumer advocate with achieving business objectives?
Tests task management skills.
3. What was your biggest PR challenge? How did you handle it?
Demonstrates crisis management skills.
4. What methods do you use to assess a new client when ascertaining their personal or professional goals?
This indicates the candidate’s ability to interpret the client's needs effectively.
5. What is the difference between marketing and public relations? What role does marketing play in PR?
Shows understanding of the role.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources